Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina continues to enforce Unconstitutional Sodomy Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorn

You wish to Qualify that statement?
    In what way? You can't have sex in a public place. Period (as you say in America)

Comment

Fine if my BF is going to disagree with me, I end my participation in this debate. Carry on without me.
      Without you there is no debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln

Without you there is no debate.
        I think 'squabble' is a more acurate description

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
          "They are pursuing charges against six men accused of having oral sex in a public park near a school."

Good for NC. These people need to control themselves in public places. No one has a constitutional right to engage in sexual activity in public. Please point out any court ruling that says that a community cannot regulate lewd activities in public places.
          While this is true, they aren't being charged under a law that prohibits public indecency, they are being charged under a law that prohibits a certain sex act, whether in public or private. The law is still wrong, regardless of whether or not the men in question committed another crime.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris

Believe it or not (not just homosexual) sodomy was still illegal in the UK up until 5 or 6 years ago

Comment

I'm aware of that, but the problem here is that these men are being charged under a law that the SCOTUS has just effectively ruled unconstitutional.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yep, I read, I only posted when Thorn said we could have sex in public places in Europe, unfortuneatly we can't.....:O(

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

no we can't, whoever told you that is full of sh!t, a straight or gay couple would be arrested for public indecency, end of story
                  How about The Netherlands? Well?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

How about The Netherlands? Well?
                    I've been there, brothels are one thing but you still can't have sex in a public place. It's Amsterdam not Sodom and Gomarrah (sp), you'll be dissapointed if you you pay to get over there with that attitude

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                      A big NO The USSC said the Texas law was unconstitutional and not the North Carolina law. They the S.C. just will have to go state by state.
                      No, they don't. Once SCOTUS has ruled, its rulings on the subject matter are automatically binding on all inferior courts.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

That is your opinion based on your interpretation.
                        Nope, that's the SCOTUS interpretation. Read the damned opinion and ruling of the court.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

It's Amsterdam not Sodom and Gomarrah (sp),
                          Is too! I know of a lady who visited, but who looked back out the plane window when she left. They had to stick her out in the south forty, where the cows find her very tasty.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

That must have caused a lot of trouble.

*rimshot*
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

In Europe they can, only reason they can't here is cause of this Puritan crap.
                              If you are a serious advocate for public sex, then stop complaining -- there's bathouses, you know.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So nail 'em on public indecency.

Law enforcement officials said they continue to use the law because it is their only way to make arrests for prostitution that involves oral sex, which isn’t covered under the state’s prostitution law.

Prosecutors also bring crime against nature charges against people who have sex in public, which other state laws don’t specifically prohibit. A charge of indecent exposure would not necessarily apply because it’s a crime to be naked in public only if seen by a member of the opposite sex.

John A. Maxfield, legal adviser to the Wake County sheriff, and Dawn Bryant, Raleigh’s police attorney, have told officers they can continue to charge people with crime against nature as long as the activity occurs in a public place.

“We’re following constitutional law,” Bryant said. “The Supreme Court’s decision only applies to private conduct.”

As long as they are defining 'crime against nature' as public sex, then it isn't unconstitutional. If it applies to private conduct, then it is, of course, unconstitutional.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X