Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to establish the nation of Apolytania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to establish the nation of Apolytania!

All Apolytonites are welcome, liberals, conservatives, communists, anarchists, we can all form our own nation and hold hands as we dance around the mayberry tree!

Since it is the best(best being a relative term) form of government, Apolytania will be a direct democracy, all citizens will have an equal say in everything-if they desire it. A demo’s executive will be elected but he only helps organize voting procedure and if he wishes try to advise-he has no voting power however, and in fact gives up his vote for this position. On that same note, upon becoming the demo’s executive, he gives all his worldly possessions to the democracy. All his needs are provided for by the democracy by taking the average quality of life, multiplying it by 1.5 and giving that to the executive. There are no term no term limits, however after his term is over he is forbidden from accumulating wealthy privately-and is given a pension. All these strict regulations are needed to ensure it is the people who rule, and not the organizer.

We'll need a constitution to prevent abuse by the enraged mob, but that can be amended with a 93% majority vote of all citizens who show up to vote.

There will be a flat tax of 20% on ALL citizens-and no other taxes.

Apolytania will have NO prisons. This will save tremendously on prison costs among other things. All drugs are legalized.

The basic law of ACFistian is that your rights end where another begins-interpretation of his will be left up to the courts-which I am not sure how to work out, suggestions would help. Environmental laws will be very strict- as to do otherwise is a slow suicide.

HOWEVER, any extremely serious crime will result in exile possibly permanent depending on the crime. Rape will result in castration, then exile, and pre-meditated murder will result in having one random feature of your face being amputated(nose, an eye, an ear, tounge etc), then exile-the death penalty is to barbaric but living out the rest of your life in some other country, penniless and a freak is not. Manslaughter is NOT a crime-it is a terrible, terrible accident-murder that is the result of negligence however is not manslaughter-its murder and will be treated as such.

There will be no trials by judges-they will simply help organize it-they will have the same monetary restrictions as the demo’s executive.. All trials are done by a jury of peers. If racism is not an issue in Apolytania it will be random, if not, the jurors will be randomly picked but will be evenly split up between 12 different, and random racial/religious groups. To prevent ambulance chasers from having a lively-hood there will be a few special conditions on civil-suits. IF the first jury thinks that the claim for harm is ridiculous, they can vote as such-then pass it on to a second trial. In that second trial, the plaintive’s(person claiming harm was done to them) claims will be examined and if found to be UTTERLY ridiculous, they will be fined heavily depending on their income.

All religion is of course legalizes, no restrictions on religion by the government at all-EXCEPT ONE: Any religious group/leader that sprouts hatred or incites violence is permanently exiled. Religious institutions will continue to be tax exempt.

The rest of its world can sit on its thumb and turn-as we have our perfect society and don’t need outsiders interfering. A VERY minimal budget will be spent on the military, we will have almost no military forces. We will welcome trade, but we will keep a stock of nuclear ICMB’s so large that it would make the cold-war era wince-we don’t want anyone messing with our Utopia. We’ll made it very clear that any military hostility towards us ends in Armageddon-its been shown quite clearly that once a nation gets the bomb, the world powers aren’t going to attack it(see North Korea).

SO where should we found our perfect nation, stage a revolution in some lightly populated area or grab some unpopulated Island like Australia?

Anyone have any suggestions for the perfect society I dreamed up at 3:00 am last night?

Edit: Part of it got cut out
    Last edited by Vesayen; September 9, 2003, 10:56.

Murder? You mean execution. And how will you do that after you've exiled them ?

Other than that, sounds pretty good.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nation States - go for it.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Murder? You mean execution. And how will you do that after you've exiled them ?

Other than that, sounds pretty good.
        Half of it got cut off, its all in there now.

The death penalty is too barbaric, but murderers will be disifugred in some way facially(loosing an eye, ear, nose or tongue) then exiled-its nasty but not AS barbaric.

Comment

The death penalty is too barbaric, but murderers will be disifugred in some way facially(loosing an eye, ear, nose or tongue) then exiled

Long live the age of Enlightenment and Civilisation! Woo!
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Would I be able to get married?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hey, dude, you're just a couple of years late for Apolyton Independent Nation...
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                The death penalty is too barbaric, but murderers will be disifugred in some way facially(loosing an eye, ear, nose or tongue) then exiled

Long live the age of Enlightenment and Civilisation! Woo!
                Do you have a better solution?

Originally posted by MrFun
                Would I be able to get married?
                Of course, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

Of course, why not?

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Of course, why not?

MrFun may be able to get married, but Im afraid most of us guyswill have hard time finding a mate in this godforsaken country......
                    :-p

Comment

Does anyone remember the small artist nation that accepted donations for titles of royalty? They had a website that was pretty funny but I can't remember where I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        Nation States - go for it.
                        Good plan

The Rogue Nation of Funkodrom

National Motto: "Just because I'm bored doesn't mean I'm not lazy"
                        UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
                        Civil Rights: Some
                        Economy: Good
                        Political Freedoms: Below Average

The Rogue Nation of Funkodrom is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Healthcare and Education are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 25%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Retail industry.

Crime is well under control. Funkodrom's national animal is the tiger and its currency is the funko.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                        X