Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELL question

Hey, Kaak .

My friend needs a new laptop. She has this decaying one and basically just wants a basic laptop to use for email and word processing. She needs MS Office on it and a floppy disk and Windows and that's basically it (cheaper the better)

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 1100, and added an external floppy, and MS Office Small Business for Wordperfect. I, of course, added the free CDRW .

Are there any other deals out there? How much can we knock off by talking to you .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Something I should have done, three months ago . . .

talk to Kaak.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Now you admit it... I remember at that time you were saying 'bah' and acting all macho .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I am soooooo macho.

Comment

You can admit you are the bottom .

--

Oh, and the new Dells look nice. I'd rather have the silverish and blue than this total black one. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            You can admit you are the bottom .

--

Oh, and the new Dells look nice. I'd rather have the silverish and blue than this total black one. Oh well.
            You must be gay, if your primary concern is the color of the computer's chasis.

Comment

imran, it depends...were you planning on getting any service on it? is the celeron processor okay? I'll take a look and see what discounts are available...Oh! and did you want to check on financing it? if so, i can probably get an extra 50$ rebate for you...configure a cart online, and e-mail it to me - brandon_at_brandonray.com i'll see what i can do...
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Financing is for whimps -- I just paid mine off all at once, and be done with it.

Comment

Celeron is perfect .

Any service? Well I was thinking of getting the smallest warrenty. And she wants to pay on it at once, not really financing at all.

Thanks for the prompt reply .

Comment

no problem. Ask her how her credit is...even if she is just planning on paying it when she gets the first bill (so she won't have any interest) and she can get qualified for a DPA account, i can give her an extra rebate as long as she doesn't get one of the promo accounts...
                    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Sent, Kaak .

I just wanted to make sure I was covering all the bases before my friend got the computer. Thanks for all your help .

Comment

Her credit is outstanding. She always pays off her entire bill when it comes in.

Comment

no prob man. If you want, have her check it online. If she can qualify, but not qualify for no interest or 90 days same as cash, it's an extra $50 for her...

Comment

Hmmm, maybe her credit is a bit too good to NOT qualify for no interest or 90 days same as cash . It is definetly something to check out though.

Comment

Working...
                            X