German Plots in the Wild West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Plots in the Wild West

Get all of the latest news from The Scotsman. Providing a fresh perspective for online news.

I loved the part about how the scheme fell apart. Whatever happened to the good old days of US intelligence?

"...he drank him under the table."

a difficult feat to perform against a 1840s German immigrant to Texas.

I wonder how many Texans are German aristocrats in disguise, even to the present day?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

"From Europe, the Adelsverein had purchased more than three million acres of Texan land. But the group soon discovered it was unsuitable for farming and was occupied by some 10,000 warring Comanche Indians."

buyer beware!
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

LOL
      Blah

Comment

When they got here they found out being Texan was far better than being German, and thus no coup.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I really don't think that venture ever had a snow balls chance since the US would have just declared it a violation of the Monroe doctrine and invaded.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But, according to the historian, many were wealthy aristocrats and military officers planning to take control of the republic.
            A plot that took 160 years to reach fruition. That's pure genius.
            Old posters never die.
            They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

They probably saw the texan women and decided they didn't want to be Germans anymore.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It was good for both Texas and Germany, because it raised the average IQ of both sides.

Comment

It would have been grezat if it had worked

The "if it hadn't been for us, you'd be all speaking German now" mantra would sure have a great cling to it
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

HARR HARR HARR
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Rah, we just know how to grow 'em down here in Texas.
                        Texas is the greatest country in the world!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
                        http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/

Comment

Working...
                        X