Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's speech last night.

"My fellow Americans...

...well, I'm really talking to all them foreign leaders, but I can't actually say that without looking a total ****. So...

...my fellow Americans, two years ago the evildoers attacked our country and people forgot that I'd stolen the election and got really scared and mad as hell at them rag heads. Since then, almighty God has aided us in striking at Satan's presence on this earth.

But things haven't gone as planned; the economy is in the ****; the Taliban are striking back; the Iraqi people are so pissed that they keep shooting at our troops and the occupation is costing a small fortune; and worst of all, my poll ratings are slipping.

So how's about all you countries that didn't back our war stepping up with your wallets and paying for the damn thing. And while you're at it send your boys to be shot, mined and bombed instead of ours. But don't expect any reconstruction contracts and your troops have to do what we say. We also retain full political control so what we're really asking you is to lay down millions of dollars and risk the lives of your citizens for absolutely nothing.

Iraq is now the front line in the war on terror. It wasn't six months ago but it is now since every angry Arab in existence has decided to move there to shoot at us. But who cares about that, they're terrorists and you have to kill them for us.

Even though you were completely right about the war and the lack of evidence for it and about the mess that would happen afterwards amd warned us not to do it, you still should have to pay the cost and relieve our troops because American voters don't give a **** if Canadians or Germans or Swedes die and I might get voted out if more Americans keep dying or if the cost of the war sends the US economy into a tailspin.

What do ya say guys? Ya can't get any fairer than that. You help me and I'll screw you."
    Well that's not exactly what he said, but it's a pretty accurate summary.
    Only feebs vote.

Yeah, sounds right.

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

so true, so true

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Bush should get some credit for being innovative. After years of "God bless America", he strikes us with "may God continue to bless America". Brilliant. Makes all the difference.

Comment

I still find his arrogance absolutely amazing.

Yet we cannot let past differences interfere with present duties. Terrorists in Iraq have attacked representatives of the civilized world, and opposing them must be the cause of the civilized world. Members of the United Nations now have an opportunity -- and the responsibility -- to assume a broader role in assuring that Iraq becomes a free and democratic nation.

Europe, Japan and states in the Middle East all will benefit from the success of freedom in these two countries, and they should contribute to that success.

He really thinks he's entitled to a silver spoon and a pat on the back for having pulled that crap.
            “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

the "may" indicated that Bush is no longer sure on who's side God is really on.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

The man is an idiot.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The French Germans et al won't help unless the UN is in charge.

Another point is that they are broke too, they haven't got any money especially to go and Help their best freind George
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

oh, come on. give bush a break. we were right to go into iraq and get rid of that two-bit dictator.

now, the huge mess we have there is because of those idiot chickenhawks who thought we could win peace the same way we won the war. the public dressing-down of gen shinseki, who correctly predicted we'd need a huge commitment, the outright arrogance of the administration in not listening to numerous pre-war studies, including those commissioned by the joint chiefs of staff which predicted the piss-poor situation we have now, and the misguided notion that america can always go it alone in everything have just made it worse.

even scarier, some of those chickenhawks, emboldened by their successes in afghanistan and iraq in destroying the governments and bringing democracy to those blighted countries, think that other dictatorships will be just as easy to knock over. kim jong-il anyone?

face it, it's not bush who's the cause of it here. he's like clinton: an attractive figurehead who's a front for the men really in power.
                    B♭3

Comment

12 posts before someone posts a semi-pro-Bush post. Even then it's "pity the poor idiot led on by those other morons."

He's toast.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

"we were right to go into iraq and get rid of that two-bit dictator. now, the huge mess we have there is because of those idiot chickenhawks..."

You can't separate the two. The key reason why I was against this war was that the idiots would make a mess of it after removing Saddam.
                        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

That's a nice summary Agathon!
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

That's a nice summary Agathon!
                            Thanks. I reckon that if he employed me as his speech writer, his honesty rating would be well in the 90s.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

i'm more willing to forgive bush than his advisors. why? he's obviously retarded, and he can't be held liable for his actions.

i mean, his coke and alcohol habit couldn't have been good for his brain...
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X