Man, what a game! Miami 38 - FL 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, what a game! Miami 38 - FL 33

If, 5:00 into the third quarter, you would've bet me that Brock Berlin would be the games mvp I would've asked you for some of what you're smoking. That was one of the best college football games I've seen in quite a while, ranking up there with Miami-BC (1985) and Georgia-Nuetered Dames (1980 Sugar Bowl).

Not a big Miami fan, but I am a big Gator Hater (Croc hater doesn't have the same ring). My freakin' God! I hope that is a terribly demoralizing loss for the Crocs, one that will haunt them for the rest of the season.

Georgia romped pretty easily in a 29-10 win over MTSU - I didn't see the game but a friend told me that a lot of freshmen were getting playing time in the third quarter which is why the game wasn't as big as a blowout as it could've been. Also, UGA didn't play nearly as well as they did against Clemson... a bit of a letdown factor was in play this week.

Tennessee looked decent in beating Marshall, though I think that Casey Clausen is possibly the most overrated QB in the SEC if not the nation.

Auburn! Betcha a bunch of bombs are being boxed up and addressed to Sports Illustrated right about now.

Unfortunately, Penn State lost which means I get to listen to my wife ***** about it for the next week.
    Last edited by JohnT; September 7, 2003, 00:14.

Comment

OSU looked pretty bad offensively (no offensive touchdowns), but then they weren't exactly the greatest offense last year either... they were just good enough. But not scoring any TD's against SDSU? Puh-leeze.

NC State lost, but who cares? Since when is NC State a top-20 team anyway?

Purdue lost - Go Big Ten (er, Eleven)! Michigan rolled against a cupcake, which is what one is supposed to do against cupcakes. Right, Auburn?

If ND loses that one, it was going to be a loooong season for them. Dodged a bullet there, Ty.

KSU - should anybody with that craptacular a schedule even be allowed in the top 10 before, say, November 29th?

Comment

Unfortunately, Penn State lost which means I get to listen to my wife ***** about it for the next week.

They're going to lose again next week as well. Looks like you have a lot of *****ing to look forward to.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Damn, damn, damn .

I was watching the game and it was awesome! I was rooting for UF, now that Spurrier is gone, I can do so without having to cleanse my soul . The Frosh QB, Leak, looked very good in this game. He'll be great in the future.

I disagree with you on Claussen. He looked very nice. There were some unfortunete drops by his recieving staff though.

And Georgia was actually struggling for a bit with the patsy opponent.

And your East Coast bias is showing . What about USC? Another great game. That defense is amazing, and they'll be around at the end.

But who is the SCARIEST team? Michigan! People thought Navarre was a Heisman candidate? What about Perry?! He looks like he might get 2,000. Michigan will knock off ND next week.

And Wake definetly deserves to get into the Top 25 after this week. They are this year's Maryland.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was watching the game

You have no idea how jealous I am.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No TV?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

No TV?

I have a TV. No college football.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Why not?

The Japanese don't dig college football, apparently. Utterly mad, these people...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Why don't you have satellite television with US channels?

Comment

"And Georgia was actually struggling for a bit with the patsy opponent."

Yeah, like I said they had a letdown game... looking at the boxscore they had something like 13 penalties! Well, if you're going to take the game off, might as well be against MTSU.

Comment

Hopefully they don't act like that in conference play .

Comment

Why don't you have satellite television with US channels?

From what I've gathered, they don't have a satellite plan that offers ABC. My friend has Sky Perfect for soccer and he gets ESPN with that, but no ABC. Not worth the money without ABC.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Damn!

Evil Japanese... we didn't do a good job civilizing them after WW2

Comment

Working...
                              X