Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA offers file-sharers amnesty!

Music Biz to Give File Sharers Amnesty

The Recording Industry Assn. of America plans to announce an amnesty program this week that will let individual online copyright infringers off the hook if they change their ways, sources say.
    The amnesty program would apply only to alleged infringers who have not been sued by the music industry trade group or identified by Internet service providers as a result of the trade group's subpoena process. Alleged commercial pirates will not receive amnesty.

According to sources, the RIAA will not pursue legal action if infringers delete all unauthorized music files from their computers, destroy all copies (including CD-Rs) and promise not to upload such material in the future. Each infringing household member will have to send a completed, notarized amnesty form to the RIAA, with a copy of a photo ID. Those who renege on their promise will be subject to charges of willful copyright infringement.
    The amnesty program will be revealed at about the same time the RIAA is expected to announce the filing of "several hundred" infringement suits.

The RIAA had no comment.

from yahoo news
    ---------------------------

Anyone here going to take advantage of this generous offer? Of course, they only promise that the RIAA will not sue them, not various third parties. Oh, and the whole photo-ID bit, hillarious! Me thinks they are getting desperate.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

They can blow it out their ass.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'll laugh even harder at any idiot who falls for this ploy.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Screw them.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The people who fall for it?
          Nah, I prefer not to screw people that moronic.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Umm..the threat's more real than you people think. The FBI raided a house down the street from me just yesterday, but the guy managed to hurl his computer out the window before they got upstairs. Turns out he was arrested for selling recreational drugs of a sort but at least they didn't get him for the .mp3 crap, you know?

Comment

The funny thing about this is that by signing this, you essentially sign your souls over to the RIAA forever. Apparently there are harsh consequences if you "renege" on the terms of the agreement. So, you are basically allowing the RIAA to watch you forever for no benefit that couldn't be gained from simply not sharing RIAA files anymore. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well no wonder, it fell to page four!
                Last edited by Nubclear; September 6, 2003, 21:02.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                    Nevermind.

Comment

SlowwHand phrased my response to this appropriately.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Tell!
                        XGalaga.

Comment

Never!!!!!!

Comment

what happened to my posts in this thread?

Comment

Anyone dumb enough to fall for this deserves to be forever out of the filesharing culture. Probably the same idiots who go around opening all those virus e-mails.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X