9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrFun
    Are there any differences for anyone between the first anniversary last year, and this year's anniversary?
    A lot more subdued, I think, than last year, but still somber. The usual hustle and bustle of a typical day is quieter. I see a lot of people looking introspective as they move through their day.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• I saw on CNN the readng of the names ceremony -- the playing of the taps made me choke with emotion a little.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by OliverFA
        Sadly we Spanish people knew terrorism since lot of years before 9/11/2001, and for that reason I understand the meaning of this terrible attack.

I wouldn't wish it even for the ungrateful governs of France and Germany.
        ¿uh? estoy alucinando, (si he comprendido bien)
        Israel = apartheid

Comment

• El no legustaria terrorismo en los gobiernos de Francia y Alemania aunque no aprecian el situacion de Espana, Los Estados Unidos, Israel y mas...
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

• Hables en ingles por favor!!

No hables en espanol porque poco hombres comprende espanol.

gracias

Comment

• "I hear you, the whole world hears you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!"
              - President Bush @ Ground Zero, in response to the crowd chanting USA, 9/14/01

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Lo siento, hablare ingles de ahora encendido.
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timexwatch
                  Lo siento, hablare ingles de ahora encendido.
                  ok -- in all seriousness, back to English

please

Comment

El no legustaria terrorismo en los gobiernos de Francia y Alemania aunque no aprecian el situacion de Espana, Los Estados Unidos, Israel y mas...

first, he's from "new europe"

second, do you remember the Old Europe? do you remember Rumsfeld & Germany?

I think... he's thinking... about another

-----> ¿¿¿ungrateful??? <--------

Israel = apartheid

Comment

• I was at work when the two planes hit the WTC. It looked unreal, and all the web newssites inaccessible added to that. It was an act of mass murder, and it's a sad day of rememberance today. Everything else is a different issue, for today.
                      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Well, it was unreal to all of us, I'm sure.

I never saw the first, LIVE camera shots of the two planes crashing, but when I saw re-plays, it punches me in the gut.

Comment

El no legustaria terrorismo en los gobiernos de Francia y Alemania aunque no aprecian el situacion de Espana, Los Estados Unidos, Israel y mas...
                          Completely right.
                          "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                          "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                            Are there any differences for anyone between the first anniversary last year, and this year's anniversary?
                            Last year was still too soon to think about it. I avoided TV and the media as much as possible because I was afraid of how horrible the maudlin treacle would be (think NBC's coverage of the Olypmics but for 9/11).

It still brings tears to my eyes.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I was at work when it happened, coding some web page when I heard my know it all co-worker talking in the background about how terrorists hate us because we're a free society. He was answernig an Indian coworker who had apparently asked why someone would do this (this while most of the world still thought the crash was a horrible accident).

CNN was overwhelmed by hits, and no one could find out anythin at work about what was going on. I pulled up Poly on my pc, and began relaying news to people as you guys posted it here. That's how we were able to follow the news. Later in the day one of my coworkers discovered we could get to the finance section of CNN, which was running the same news, and finally we got a tv to get outside stations (it was tied to an internal channel).

Still, for a few hours, ACS OT was how the tech workers at Citibank stayed connected to the world.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I had moved to Jaacksonville only a month before the atttacks. I was accutely aware of not being around friends and family. It was the day after I had moved into my new apartment from my hotel.

After work I went to Target to get some things for my new place. I spent a few hours watching TV in the electronics section.

I spent that night sitting in an empty apartment on an inflatable matress listening to NPR, which went to classical music at 8PM. That was one of the loneliest nights of my life.

Waking up alone the next morning was almost worse. It was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. It was real, and not some horrible, horrible dream. I don't remember anything else about that day at all.

Just about everynoe else in the country had people to relate to, to comfort and be comforted by. I didn't even have a phone. I have never felt the lack of human company so much in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X