What's Your Handicap? (golf thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Handicap? (golf thread)

Well, I made my pilgrimage to the GHIN computer today, and it finally happened. For the first time in my life, my official handicap index is below 20. New irons (that fit!!), a new putter, and a new attitude have done wonders for me.

(My UNofficial handicap is my chipping. )

Considering I was a 24.7 at the end of last year, I'm ecstatic!

My index is now at 19.9. How about the rest of you Poly golfers?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

My handicap is either the ball or the club.
    I'm not sure which, but one of them handicap me to the point I find it an impossible game to play.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No official handicap, but the few times I played a proper 18 hole course I scored in the 110 area (par 71), which is clearly pretty lame.

My biggest problems are:
      i) Driving - never go to the driving range, therefore I suck. I've never made a Green in regulation on a par 5.
      ii) Consistency - I usually have 9 or 10 really lame shots per round where the ball only moves about 10 feet sideways or something. Simply cutting those out would improve my scoring by a great deal.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

My index ranges between 9.5 and 10.5

I rarely ever go to driving ranges on the theory that at my age, I only have so many good swings left in me, so I prefer not to waste them.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

On courses I play and when playing alot, ~5

On courses I rarely play, in high winds, in Chicago, ~20

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                Obviously no clue what he is talking about...

Haven't had a chance to play as much this year so I hover around 15.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good walk ruined and all that.

Though I saw a study recently saying that learning golf has a better impact on your earning potential than any degree - due to the sort of contacts you make on the field/pitch/whatever you call it.

Maybe I'll start to learn..
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

My handicapp is the fact i can't fvckin play!!
                    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Mine is somewhere around a 23. Not very good I know. Although, when I am swinging ALL of my clubs well I can shave 5 or 6 strokes off that. Damn irons...
                      Texas is the greatest country in the world!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
                      http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                        Though I saw a study recently saying that learning golf has a better impact on your earning potential than any degree - due to the sort of contacts you make on the field/pitch/whatever you call it.

Maybe I'll start to learn..
                        I've made quite a few million dollar deals on the golf course. I can probably attribute a few promotions to it also. Golf is very beneficial for a business career.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From what I heard, Berz is sandbagging.

(Especially if that putter kept helping.)
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well, I've been a golfer for about 8 years now. I have shot under 100 once.

Although, my best for 9 holes is a 41. par 36.

Funny part is, I'm left handed and do everything left handed, except golf. Tried left handed clubs and they just don't feel right.

I do, however, put left handed, using a right hand grip, putting is actually the best part of my game.

I rarely 3-putt.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Funny part is, I'm left handed and do everything left handed, except golf.
                              Me too!

(Well, I also play bass and guitar right-handed, and bat righty in baseball.) Everything else lefty.

Comment

Working...
                              X