No announcement yet.

Ron Paul (R-TX) on NeoCons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee Sava, was it a conspiracy? I thought liberals were and are quite open about their desires to increase the power of the federal government. Do you now think The New Deal and Great Society were secretively passed into law?

Sava re-writes the history of the 20th century and liberals were actually trying to restrain the federal government from growing.

Comment

Sava re-writes the history of the 20th century and liberals were actually trying to restrain the federal government from growing.
      I'm not rewriting... I'm repeating what I've learned. But I see your point, it's the lies that the liberal federal government taught me, right? public schooling
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not rewriting... I'm repeating what I've learned.
        And you learned it was the liberals who've steadfastly stood in the way of an ever growing federal government?

But I see your point, it's the lies that the liberal federal government taught me, right? public schooling
        Not even the public schools teach the crap you've learned.

Comment

And you learned it was the liberals who've steadfastly stood in the way of an ever growing federal government?
          I see your problem now Berz... you form irrational opinions and conclusions on what others tell you. Go reread my posts, and if this is what you still believe, then let me know. I can use smaller words and shorter sentences to further explain myself.

I'll save you the trouble...

The large federal government is the product of both liberal and conservative politicians and has evolved over the course of the last 75 years of the 20th Century. It was not a "liberal" conspiracy.

Do you understand this? If not, I can't help you with your learning disability.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The large federal government is the product of both liberal and conservative politicians and has evolved over the course of the last 75 years of the 20th Century.
            Actually I'd largely agree with that. By and large, both groups are made up of idiots.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
              Actually I'd largely agree with that. By and large, both groups are made up of idiots.
              once again Floyd shows up to restore my confidence in Libertarians...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I see your problem now Berz... you form irrational opinions and conclusions on what others tell you. Go reread my posts, and if this is what you still believe, then let me know. I can use smaller words and shorter sentences to further explain myself.

I'll save you the trouble...

The large federal government is the product of both liberal and conservative politicians and has evolved over the course of the last 75 years of the 20th Century. It was not a "liberal" conspiracy.

Do you understand this? If not, I can't help you with your learning disability.
                And who started this process "75" years ago? You do realize who was president 75 years ago and who got elected because the incumbant was too conservative, i.e., wasn't sufficiently liberal. No Sava, the real growth in government began "70" years ago and FDR was President. And what did I say? That while "conservatives" have continued the growth in government started by liberals, it was liberals who started the process. Naturally, you accuse me of mis-construing what you've said after mis-construing what I've said. God you're easy...

Ah, the last 75 years of the 20th century? So you're even further off on the chronology.

Comment

the progressive movements that lead to the New Deal can trace back to labor disputes in the 19th century... sorry Berz, FDR isn't this evil mad scientist who started it all...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

once again Floyd shows up to restore my confidence in Libertarians...
                    I said something different? Nah, you just conveniently mis-read what I said, but the fact remains - it was liberals who began the process.

the progressive movements that lead to the New Deal can trace back to labor disputes in the 19th century... sorry Berz, FDR isn't this evil mad scientist who started it all...
                    Once again you don't read very well, I never said there was no "progressive" movement or growth of the federal government preceding FDR, only that the enormous growth in government began with FDR. But I'm so glad you can cite earlier liberals who were pushing for the centralisation of power. How does that help your argument that liberals were not initially responsible?

Comment

Once again you don't read very well, I never said there was no "progressive" movement or growth of the federal government preceding FDR, only that the enormous growth in government began with FDR. But I'm so glad you can cite earlier liberals who were pushing for the centralisation of power. How does that help your argument that liberals were not initially responsible?
                      BECAUSE EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

BECAUSE EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE!!!!
                        Even the people who opposed the "progressive" agenda?
                        Then I guess "everyone" is responsible for Bush winning in 2000 too... Sava, let other liberals do the debating, some are actually rather intelligent...

Comment

you are hopeless...
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Your best comeback yet

Comment

Cheer up, Berzerker! The neocons may just end up wiping out all those evil liberals. Then you libertarians can come out of your bunkers, log cabins, or whatever, with your stockpile of firearms and take over the joint. And then we'll all live happily ever after in a magnificent Jeffersonian-style agrarian utopia.

We don't steal, we all pay fair, livin' in a flat tax paradise....

"People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Umm...Jules, I know it doesn't help your little stereotype games, but most of the people holed up in the wilderness with weapons stockpiles are probably conservatives, neo-Nazis, and "survivalists", not libertarians. Let's look at actual cases - Randy Weaver was not libertarian, Waco - not libertarian, Montana "Freemen" - not libertarian, Ted Kazinsky - oops - environmental luddite. There are probably more liberals holed up in the boonies than libertarians.

Comment

Working...
                                X