Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    I'll "run" with your analogy there MrFun:

So, since the blacks are so far behind we will pick them up in NASCAR and speed them down to were the white runners are and drop them off? Hmmm, seems to me that the white runners would be more conditioned by this point at running. THrow in a black runner that hasn't trained the way the white runners has and who probably hasn't stretched, chances are they would get cramps or fall behind really quick as the more experienced runners leave 'em in the dust.

(Funny that analogy makes the black guys bad runners)

If they want to play the game they NEED to play by the same rules, or else when the CHEATS are lifted they will not be ready for what will hit them...
    Once they're economically secured, I don't see why, once AA is legally abolished, that it is certain that blacks would slide back afterwards.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Once they're economically secured, I don't see why,
      You don't become economically secure by just getting money, besudes they don't teach how to be "economically secure" in school, that is dependent on discipline.

once AA is legally abolished, that it is certain that blacks would slide back afterwards.
      Exactly my point, and it is why AA sucks.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

What's with the notion that if you're a white, heterosexual male, you can't possibly have experienced intolerance in your life?

Comment

You distorted by quote by making it look like I said that AA WILL cause blacks to slide back after it's abolished.

And no, I'm not talking about just money -- I'm saying that once blacks have an increased proportion of their own in the upper middle class and upper class, there will be more investment potential to improve their run-down communities, and improve overall standard of living.

Comment

What's with the notion that if you're a white, heterosexual male, you can't possibly have experienced intolerance in your life?
            It's the same notion that says that all blacks are poor and bad at tests, but really smart, and therefor need help getting into school..
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
              Maybe you have because of belonging to a particular white ethnic group other than Anglo-Saxon.

Or maybe you have, because of a disability.

Or maybe you have, because you have a small penis.

But do you really think that blacks could catch up with whites given the different historical trajectories these two groups had?

Comment

You distorted by quote by making it look like I said that AA WILL cause blacks to slide back after it's abolished.
                That's how I saw it, too many commas I guess... Anyway, that was very republican of me huh? I'm proud

I'm saying that once blacks have an increased proportion of their own in the upper middle class and upper class, there will be more investment potential to improve their run-down communities, and improve overall standard of living.
                So, you gambling here that once black people are rich they will invest in improving section 8 housing, slums, and ghettos? Don't gamble with education!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

But do you really think that blacks could catch up with whites given the different historical trajectories these two groups had?
                  That's the point. I am not trying to keep blacks on the wrong trajectory, quite the reverse. It's just that I don't see AA helping them. IMO, AA has allowed them to set their own trajectory, and they decided not to change it. Instead, get the free ride to nowhere.

I know it sounds like a fortune cookie, but real change comes from within. Within themselves, their communities, and their schools... I really hate helping people get an education when all they do is insult it and end up getting a degree in womens stud or worse, philosophy...

Basically, the effort given to AA by the government and school boards, as well as the effort given by the black community to keep it would better be spent encouraging and helping their kids to learn...

Asian people faced the same, if not worse, discrimination in the past, even here in the US, and I don't see them taking or getting free hand-outs
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Sorry -- I forgot to mentioned that AA should include Hispanics, Amerindians, Asian ethnic groups, as well as African-Americans.

And I do think they should increasingly invest in education.

Comment

Why not just say AA should include everyone that's socioeconomically disadvantaged, then? A lot simpler and not as hypocritical as using race. And none of this bull**** like the U. of Michigan uses in saying how wonderfully "diverse" they are now.
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

So white racists are bad and black racists are justified, and good?
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          So white racists are bad and black racists are justified, and good?
                          You're pathetic at bastardization of other people's arguments.

Comment

I forgot to mentioned that AA should include Hispanics, Amerindians, Asian ethnic groups, as well as African-Americans.
                            Pretty much everyone but straight white males? That's rather racist of you MrFun.

So white racists are ... justified, and good?
                            That's how you bastardized something
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Isn't the University of Texas a public school? Thats pretty ironic seeing how DF is so much against public education.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Pretty much everyone but straight white males? That's rather racist of you MrFun.

That's how you bastardized something

And the bastardization continues . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X