This sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down with racism and the AA it spawns.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'll make you a deal, we can scrap AA when we equalize education in this country, m'kay
      Yes, and poor white kids in rural areas have so many advantages over inner city kids as far as education and equality, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
        In my opinion, the only people who lose are the people who hire someone based solely on race, regardless of which they choose.
        They aren't admitted based solely on race. It's only one of the qualifiers.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

Yes, and poor white kids in rural areas have so many advantages over inner city kids as far as education and equality, right?
          With equalized education, everyone can have a chance. But look at the percentages of poor vs demographics of race. Sure, there are a lot of poor white people... but how many rich people are black? Sorry I had to burn your strawman...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Can we please dispense with that "poor white kids" canard?

AA, at least as it WAS practiced at U-M, did not adversely effect one single solitary poor white kid. Poor kids, regardless of race, got the exact same help that minority kids got, period. Of course, now that the SC struck down that policy, no one knows what the result will be.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sure, there are a lot of poor white people... but how many rich people are black?
              Number wise or percentage? What percentages of the population are black and white? Sure there may be 100 rich white folk and 30 rich black folk but blacks represent a smaller demographic than whites. And why do rich people matter anyway? The rich tend to live in hives away from the masses, white or black. How many rich people of any race do you know that live in Compton or Gary, Ind.?

Comment

People w/ money will 9/10 send thier kids to private schools (pre College).
                If you want to do away w/ AA lets do away w/ legacy AA

Comment

To all those that support AA, I would like to know how everyone is supposed to know when it's ok to drop these programs? If the answer is when there is no more racism, then you are seriously deluded to think that day will ever come.

More emphasis should be placed on economic background then your what color you are. What exactly would be wrong with that?
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If you want to do away w/ AA lets do away w/ legacy AA
                    I'm for that too

Get rid of it all; if you can't take the heat, don't come into the kitchen!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

It's not even as if blacks and Asian (Hispanics in US) actually want to be given a helping hand anyway. I certainly wouldn't want other people feeling I'd got a job or uni placement because of my skin colour and not merit.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        Sure, there are a lot of poor white people... but how many rich people are black? Sorry I had to burn your strawman...

Why don't you look up the numbers and tell us. Surely if it's worth mentioning it's worth looking up?
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I don't support AA per se... I think it's an inefficient solution to a real problem. I guess my point is that all the "white people are discriminated" BS is stupid.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

More emphasis should be placed on economic background then your what color you are. What exactly would be wrong with that?
                            Certain minority groups do want the helping hand, Park. That's why they always protest and demand equal SUCCESS and not equal OPPORTUNITY.

I think many of them are so STUPID that they don't even know the difference between success and opportunity.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                              Why don't you look up the numbers and tell us. Surely if it's worth mentioning it's worth looking up?
                              Why... do you disagree that the majority of rich and upper middle class are white?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What real problem?

Maybe it's just that "minorities" in the US are less intelligent. All the signs point that way.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X