X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick which one you want me to use.
    Both new.
    As a friend, I'll give you your option.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      A FB named Darryl "Moose" Johnston, the best FB of the 90's.

I'll still take Rathman. A great blocker and pass catcher, who could also run. The "Moose" is overrated.
      Jonhston also had those qualites. Believe me, living in Utah, I got a lot of Cowboys and 49ers games.

Besides, you have Franco Harris as a FB in the 70's.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Franco Harris is the MAN! Only Marion Motley is a better fullback in NFL, IMO.

I still take Rathman. I always liked him better.

Pick which one you want me to use.
        Both new.
        As a friend, I'll give you your option.

I got a better option.
        You can run at me with the nooses, while I'll have a loaded gun in my hand .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Franco Harris is the MAN! Only Marion Motley is a better fullback in NFL, IMO.

I still take Rathman. I always liked him better.
          Look it up, he was a RB.

As for Tight Ends in the 70's, hmm, gee, Dave Casper, maybe?

ACK!

Comment

• Plus Steve Largent played all of the 80's only 4 years in the 70's.

ACK!

Comment

• Look it up, he was a RB.

If by RB you mean Tailbacks, Halfbacks, and Fullbacks . Harris, like Csonka, was a FullBack. The Halfback on the Steelers teams of the 70s was Rocky Bleier.

Here is an interesting link at the end of Franco's career:

Reach your academic happy place with access to thousands of textbook solutions written by subject matter experts.

Refers to: Franco Harris, Seattle Seahawks fullback
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Here is something else:

NOW, FRANCO HARRIS RUNS WITH PORK
                The former Steelers' fullback aims to revive Parks Sausages

emphasis mine

Plus Steve Largent played all of the 80's only 4 years in the 70's.

He had some good years in the 70s . And it was creative license.

Comment

Here is something else:

NOW, FRANCO HARRIS RUNS WITH PORK
                  The former Steelers' fullback aims to revive Parks Sausages

emphasis mine

Plus Steve Largent played all of the 80's only 4 years in the 70's.

He had some good years in the 70s . And it was creative license.
                  Very creative.......

ACK!

Comment

Look it up, he was a RB.

If by RB you mean Tailbacks, Halfbacks, and Fullbacks . Harris, like Csonka, was a FullBack. The Halfback on the Steelers teams of the 70s was Rocky Bleier.

Here is an interesting link at the end of Franco's career:

Reach your academic happy place with access to thousands of textbook solutions written by subject matter experts.

Refers to: Franco Harris, Seattle Seahawks fullback
                    I thought Bleier was the Fullback.

ACK!

Comment

• Nope... back then it is was the Fullbacks that ruled the coop .

Comment

• I still take Rathman. I always liked him better.

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I really never thought Philadelphia was that great. Even last year. I can't explain why they went as far as they did. Though I will admit they had a great defense, and that is how they won most of their games. Philly never seemed to put up a lot of points. Though they did have one game last year where they put up like 49 points.

I'm not a big fan of Duce Staley's running style. And while Mcnabb is my favourite of the running QB's, he still cannot compare to other QB's as well. The difference this year is I don't think their defense is as good as last years. So Tampa Bays win over them shouldn't look like some great feat. I'm sure Tampa will go down when they play a tough team.

I just don't see Philly doing much this year.

Comment

• As of right now (totally premature), the teams that have a chance to knock off Tampa in the NFC are San Francisco, NY Giants, Carolina, and Minnesota (in that order). If the Rams return to the 'Greatest Show on Turf' under Bulger they may have a chance too (though perhaps Vermeil, who is running the 'Greatest Show on Grass' right now, was needed).

Comment

• SF still has a questionable defense. They need to play a team with an actual offense (that isn't Chicago).

NY Giants have a questionable offense. They should have got more going against St. Louis. Their QB has never been that great, but he's capable of getting them to the playoffs again.

Carolina still has to prove they can win consistantly with Delomme.

Minnesota could do something this year. But they lately they have been playing good against Green Bay. They need to prove themselves against other teams outside their division first.

Rams? well they still have Isaac Bruce. But the loss of other recievers has hurt them. But they can make the playoffs under Bulger imho.

I just can't see anyone beating Tampa Bay. maybe, but this is still a longshot, but maybe Seattle.

I'm not picking Tampa Bay to win another superbowl though. But they shouldn't have too much trouble getting back to it.

Comment

• Yes, SF does have a questionable defense, but it may just be good enough. Remember, they did do very well last year.

The Giants have a pretty good offense. Barber, Hilliard, Toomer, and Shockey are fine offensive players and Collins is an above average QB. Remember that St. Louis has a GOOD defense, especially since adding Archuleta to the mix (great pick by them).

Carolina reminds me of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. As long as Delhomme plays conservatively and doesn't make mistakes, their defense and running game can carry them far.

Minnesota impressed me because Culpepper looks like he's gotten over last year's mess. I also forgot to include Seattle, which, if all the pieces fall into place (mainly defensively) could challenge. I agree they have great upside.

You mention the Rams' Bruce and don't mention their BEST reciever? What about Torry Holt? I don't think the loss of the other recievers will hurt them as much as you think. Hakim, who was good with the Rams, is average in Detroit. Proehl was always a 2 catch a game WR. They aren't hard to replace. As long as the team has Holt, Bruce, and Faulk out of the backfield, the passing game will go well.

Comment

Working...
                                X