Prison Rape in Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Rape in Austria

Since there was a thread about prison rape in the US some time ago I think it is only fair to report the incident that has happened here yesterday or the day before yesterday.

It was a 14 year old boy who stole good in value something like 50 euros from the supermarket. He got caught and it was decided that he did this for maintaining a living and therefor was imprisoned (imprisoning before trial that is, so that he wouldnt escape while they prepare for the trial).
    He was put in a cell with 3 other, i think it had been, juveniles and they were bored and aggressive and raped and bullied him so heavy he had to be taken to hospital.

Of course the case has caused quite an outcry.

Hier are some links: (german)

I couldnt find any english links sorry

ata

Remind me not to get arrested. I leave for Linz in <24 hours...
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

14 years old boys should not be arrested together with older inmates. Generally they aren't put in jail at all, but his parents could not be reached. However he should have been put into some youth institution, not in jail.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Where's all the laughing smilies and jokes about 'Bubba'?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

dv8ed

huh fine, thats about 30km away from where I live
          What are you doing in Linz?

Comment

it amazes me that there hasn't been a class-action suit against the punative system
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
              dv8ed

huh fine, thats about 30km away from where I live
              What are you doing in Linz?
              I'm presenting at Ars Electronica...come see us! We'll be in the Electrolobby Kitchen. Look for a group of American students who don't speak the language.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                Where's all the laughing smilies and jokes about 'Bubba'?
                How do you say 'Bubba' in Austrian?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                X