Have your posts analyzed by the Gender Genie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have your posts analyzed by the Gender Genie

Based on text of an author, it tries to guess your gender. So, just take one of your posts and try it with it. Preferably use a longer, essay-type post.

For instance, my this thread OP was apparently written by a woman, while this one was written by a man.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

My last post, in the "degrees of seperation" thread was apparently the work of a woman. Because I use lots of feminine words like "with" and "not", according this thing.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

The above post was also the work of a woman too. I think I'm going to start a lucrative career writing slushy novels under the pen name of "Sharon de Beauvoir", as I seem to have a talent for feminine writing.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I typed in the text "The writer of this text is a woman." and it told me the text was written by a man, apparently because it contains such masculine words as The and A.

The test claims to predict with 80% accuracy, yet from over 97,000 submissions to the website it is only right 48% of the time. If it just guessed at random it could easily have done better than that!
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

hehe...
          Originally posted by a female
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal...
          justice is might

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
            I typed in the text "The writer of this text is a woman." and it told me the text was written by a man, apparently because it contains such masculine words as The and A.
            Although, of course, I am a man and therefore it was technically correct. It still seems illogical, though.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I wrote "I am not a woman", but it refused to believe me
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

hmmmm, my extensive whining about my apartment was apparently female. makes sense.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Hmmm...

Supposedly I am quite feminine too. But then I looked at their scoring and it appears to be arse backwards. How the heck they got female (a negative number I presume) from that dataset?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Urban Ranger; September 4, 2003, 12:59.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I pasted a recent post from the CivIII strategy forum, and it told me I was a girl.

Like, whatever.

-Arrian

p.s. Like UR, the "math" that determined my gender seemed to be all ****ed up. I had way more "masculine" words, but it decided I was female nonetheless.
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I think Starchild should give it a whirl.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Apparently I also am female, although I received a score of 46.

Perhaps grunting, misspelling, and poor sentence construction will make it think you're a male. Oh, and completely ignoring the instructions should help, too.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I too, am apparently female. I think, from the existing dataset, we can start concluding that there is something terribly wrong with this algorithm. At least when it comes to shorter essays.

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

three tries, two wrong
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

stefu, isn't this your freshers week, get off the internet and get pissed man!
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X