I Ching.
      #1 Try some I Ching powder!

#2 Hi Ching, I Clavdivs!
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Re: "I am lying"

The moral of this is the following: self-referencing loops may be dangerous. If subprogram A refers to subprogram B, whilst B in turn refers to A, the resulting dead loop may cause your computer to explode.
        Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

The answer is "maybe".
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ummm......i don't understand why you caring about it being a paradox has anything to do with philosophy
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Asher: Go get laid. I'm sure you will feel better afterwards.

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Apparently Asher had followed your advice well before it was issued.

Comment

OTOH, "I am lying" could also mean "I am lying in bed". It turns out quite philosophical.

Comment

Shall I be quiet or not? Decisions, decisions...
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

This thread is gay.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Here's another one for the philosopher kings: how can a dead horse be long-winded?
                        Through the magic of that cardinal sin, a mixed metaphor!
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Bah, I only enjoy taking pot shots at the Logical Positivists these days.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

See?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Re: "I am lying"

Originally posted by The Vagabond
                              The moral of this is the following: self-referencing loops may be dangerous. If subprogram A refers to subprogram B, whilst B in turn refers to A, the resulting dead loop may cause your computer to explode.
                              Nah, circular linkage is standard fair these days.

It seems computer scientists have solved this problem while the philosophers couldn't.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                                Asher: Go get laid. I'm sure you will feel better afterwards.
                                Have to wait until friday again.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X