Poly's very own 'Six Degrees of Separation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly's very own 'Six Degrees of Separation'

The Atlanta meet got me thinking about this...

Having met Victor in London a while back, it would mean that I am two degrees separated from JohnT, Imran, Sprawbow and Q Cubed...

Now I know JohnT has also met Che, so that would be three degrees and I think (IIRC) he has met Ming - which would make me separated from Ming by four degrees...

The real question is: Is everyone that has met someone on Poly attached in some way?

For example the Austin meets would be linked to the UK by David Floyd who would have met a number of people who would have met Victor etc, etc...

What about the guys in San Diego the other day - have any of them met anyone else linked to this web?

I've got the main Aussie posters covered (AH & Finbar) and they have other Aussie posters covered...

Can we connect everyone who has ever met anyone on Poly!!?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Well I don't think so... you have those people who haven't met anyone... they'd be hard to connect .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Well I don't think so... you have those people who haven't met anyone... they'd be hard to connect .
      We very well may be mere wraiths, fragments of digitally created personalities.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

what part of Can we connect everyone who has ever met anyone on Poly? don't you understand...

To think I am connected to you...

Comment

I haven't met anyone from Poly yet.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hmmmm....I've met Lefty, devilmunchkin, selfbiased, Ramo, Kramerman, Tiamat, Kaak, MikeH, Provost Harrison, Iain Lindley, el freako, Big Crunch, Sagacious Dolphin, Snapcase, Matt Higgs...and probably some I'm forgetting, so I have a lot of different people covered
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can we connect everyone who has ever met anyone on Poly?

Streach your mind a little. What happens when two posters who have met haven't met anyone else?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

GP has made the rounds... I've had drinks with him twice.

And I think Adam Smith has met others, and I had drinks with him in O'Hare as he was laying over.

And yes... Che made the Friday night meet... as well as HTower and Loinburger...

There has to be some connections somewhere
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well aside from the Atlanta meet, I've met GP as well.

Comment

Hmm.. well all of the people who went to either the London or DC Apolyton meets are connected by two degrees of seperation through me.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Oh, and of course I've met Wraith. Almost forgot.
                      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

What happens when two posters who have met haven't met anyone else?
                        Well obviously. Perhaps the question should be "has this happened?"
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well, I THINK this was the case at the first Austin meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

We very well may be mere wraiths, fragments of digitally created personalities.
                            hell, I know I am!
                            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Well obviously. Perhaps the question should be "has this happened?"
                              Don't worry, Imran is being a little slow today...

Comment

Working...
                              X