Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Incompetent US soldier fails to discredit British war hero

Originally posted by MOBIUS
    Still, better to have an argument over sweets than an incident of friendly fire...

Now repeat after me:

"We are your allies"
    Mobius in the military **** waving llike this happens all the time and one of the things high ranking people do is pull this sort of **** against lower ranking people. I"ve had to stand at attention while getting reamed before but never more then 15 minutes.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Incompetent US soldier fails to discredit British war hero

Originally posted by Oerdin
      Mobius in the military **** waving llike this happens all the time and one of the things high ranking people do is pull this sort of **** against lower ranking people. I"ve had to stand at attention while getting reamed before but never more then 15 minutes.
      Yeah and I bet you didn't cry like a baby to your superiors about it, but sucked it up and got on with your job - especially if you were the one in the wrong in the first place!

The worst thing is that this idiot is still serving in Iraq despite this incident...

Then there was that officer who went nutso and grenaded his fellow officers in Kuwait...

The US needs to review its training and personnel, because the British army can't keep having to bail out US forces by training them in urban guerilla warfare or get there heads blown off by trigger-happy cowboys like another bunch did in this war - did you know that large Union Jacks actually sold out during the Gulf War because British servicemen were buying them up to cover the tops of their vehicles to stop yet another rash of US friendly fire attacks on British troops???

Apparently Rumsfeld is considering something we have known all along - the fact that there aren't enough troops in Iraq. Guess that will further add to the huge Iraq war bill as billions more is spent...

Hopefully it will make attacks against US troops more difficult and those may lessen - on the other hand it may just be creating a 'target rich environment' in Al Qaeda Alley...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I thought it was pretty interesting despite its origin as a troll.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          He added: "The feelings of resentment among British officers were particularly intense after 'friendly fire' incidents where American forces inflicted casualties on British forces."
          I could see that.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
            Yeah and I bet you didn't cry like a baby to your superiors about it, but sucked it up and got on with your job - especially if you were the one in the wrong in the first place!
            The US doesn't allow comical martinets like your friend the Col either Moby.
            War hero from a speech he made?
            What a guy.

The worst thing is that this idiot is still serving in Iraq despite this incident...
            Don't worry, he's been relieved and is under investigation...oh, you meant the REMF major, sorry.

Then there was that officer who went nutso and grenaded his fellow officers in Kuwait...
            The MUSLIM private is what your using as an example?
            Your consistant though, distortions and fatual errors rife.

The US needs to review its training and personnel, because the British army can't keep having to bail out US forces by training them in urban guerilla warfare or get there heads blown off by trigger-happy cowboys like another bunch did in this war - did you know that large Union Jacks actually sold out during the Gulf War because British servicemen were buying them up to cover the tops of their vehicles to stop yet another rash of US friendly fire attacks on British troops???:
            HA HA HA HA
            Who trained whom?
            Your tiny contingent did rather poorly underfire, and only had a soft time becuse the Brit zone was under the no fly zone region, so saddam was kept at bay.
            Since then, the Brits have been losing people regularly.
            See Moby, I read the news also.
            Leave military accessments to people who know what they mean, but that would really defuse this lame-ass troll, now wouldn't it?

Apparently Rumsfeld is considering something we have known all along - the fact that there aren't enough troops in Iraq. Guess that will further add to the huge Iraq war bill as billions more is spent...
            More people aern't need, he knows it and you know it, stop spinning.

Hopefully it will make attacks against US troops more difficult and those may lessen - on the other hand it may just be creating a 'target rich environment' in Al Qaeda Alley...
            So, all those nice terrorists showed up just cause the US overthrew Saddam., not like they were there beforehand, fighting a government that was secular and so-called anit Jihadi.

You used to be better at this, your losing your touch.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

dickheads...

it's nice to see both mobius and chris doing their bit for anglo-american relations
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Re: dickheads...

Originally posted by C0ckney
                it's nice to see both mobius and chris doing their bit for anglo-american relations
                my daughter considers JK Rawlings the person she admires most.

Id like to visit London someday.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I have no idea of Mobius' reasons for posting this (trolling or otherwise), but its a legitimate subject. It may be a non story in the US but this is (and was) a pretty big deal (media coverage-wise) in this country

Comment

Incompetent US soldier fails to discredit British war hero
                    Which one of these should be in the oxymoron thread?

US Soldier Fails

or

British War Hero

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Which one of these should be in the oxymoron thread?

US Soldier Fails

or

British War Hero

Forget the 'fails' just..

US Soldier.

Comment

Incompetent US Soldier?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                          Brit zone was under the no fly zone region
                          I COULD make a sarcastic comment about the no fly zone only being there to protect the Brits from the USA flyboys and and their toys, but I won't....
                          Last edited by reds4ever; September 5, 2003, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                            I have no idea of Mobius' reasons for posting this (trolling or otherwise), but its a legitimate subject. It may be a non story in the US but this is (and was) a pretty big deal (media coverage-wise) in this country
                            My reason is that I am incredibly annoyed that the UK was dragged into this stupid war under false pretences in the first place and the obligatory US on UK friendly fire incidents (we're talking about possibly 20 dead in two Gulf Wars now! ).

This incident really pissed me off at the time, but I decided to keep quiet about it at the time until the outcome, although all evidence suggested that this would be the outcome...

It is was a pathetic act by a spineless buffoon who is still in Iraq without getting punished by his own superiors for damaging relations with US allies!
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

UK was dragged? So you think your PM didn't support it?

Comment

Well this clearly sucks!
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X