• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gott in Himmel!!!! Tragedy strikes!

Woe! Woe!

Cameron Diaz breaks nose in surfing accident

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Jaymes Song

Sept. 3, 2003 | HONOLULU (AP) -- It wasn't quite the birthday in paradise Cameron Diaz was hoping for. Diaz, the world's highest-paid actress, said she broke her nose Saturday, on her 31st birthday, during a surfing mishap off Waikiki Beach.

On Tuesday, Diaz was wearing two tiny bandage strips on the bridge of her nose, which appeared normal with no visible swelling.

"I'm fine," she told the Associated Press. "But I'm just totally bummed out because I can't go surfing any more."

Diaz said she was surfing with her older sister and a couple of friends when she was involved in a collision -- she wiped out and someone's board hit her in the face. Diaz and her sister said the mishap was caused by someone outside their group.

Her sister, Chimene, said it could have been worse if the board that struck Diaz wasn't made of foam. She also said her sister's nose looked a lot better Tuesday than it did over the Labor Day weekend.

The blonde star of two "Charlie's Angels" films and "There's Something About Mary," said the worst part is that it happened at the beginning of her trip.

It happened on her first day of a two-week Hawaiian vacation with her friends and entire family, she said.

But all is not lost.

Wearing a dark bikini, her hair tucked under a cap, Diaz was upbeat as she enjoyed the famous Hawaiian sunshine and sand -- just not the surf.

"I love this place," Diaz said.

Based on earnings of $42.2 million in 2001, Diaz took the highest-paid actress crown from Julia Roberts, according to the 2004 edition of the Guinness World Records.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Waikiki ****ing rules.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

HEADS SHALL ROLL!!

THE STREETS SHALL BE KNEE DEEP IN THE BLOOD OF THE GUILTY SAVAGES WHO DARE DEFILE THE FACE OF OUR MOST BELOVED AND WORSHIPFULL ONE!!!

BURN ALL THE SURFERS! BURN ALL THE SURFBOARDS!!
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Pretty elaborate story to cover for her nose job.

I just wish she'd keep her damn mouth shut...she came off like a total idiot on Letterman the other night...but at least she tantalized with potential *** poppage.
        Life and death is a grave matter;
        all things pass quickly away.
        Each of you must be completely alert;
        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

aw... the plight of being a megastar... hollywood's elite have it so bad... have some compassion people!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sure. In some ways, they seek publicity. And some stars will tell the press anything just to get attention.

But some stars are just normal people, who just happen to get a lot of media coverage, and who, when asked a question by the media, wil answer truthfully. So, when asked, if it hurt, they will answer "Yes it did". It p*isses me off that some people will take this as a sign that the stars want us to "pity them", and that stars have no right to complain, since they are getting paid so high.

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Star kisser!
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

But some stars are just normal people,
                wrong... the second someone makes millions and moves to hollywood, they cease to be normal...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X