yesterday was not a good day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday was not a good day

my usual daily routine goes roughly something like this. i get up at 7am, do my insulin, SSS, get dressed, have breakfast and a cup of tea, make my lunch then out the door by 7.45 to get to work by 8. i drive to work, work from 8am to 4.30pm, then drive home, then watch a bit of telly, have tea then go to the pub for a quick pint, come home go to sleep.

yesterday was a little different. i don't remember getting up, but i must have because i woke up at half ten at the bottom of the stairs, i knew something was badly wrong, and i wondered about aimlessly for about an hour, i don't remember what i did but i must have eaten because i remember feeling a lot better at about midday and watching the news. i look around, the house is in a state, i decide to go and post a letter, can't find my keys (house and car), so i look for about half and hour, still no joy. i leave the door on the latch and post the letter, i spend the next four hours looking for my keys, no sign of them anywhere. i phone my boss and tell him what's happend, he's surprisingly understanding. i spend a little while longer looking for my keys, but i've run out of places to look. i remember that i'm meant to go and meet up with some mates from college for a pint in taunton, so i get ready, get to the bus stop, having sat there for nearly half and hour i face the reailty of missing the bus, i feel like a right dickhead. i walk home and on the way see a couple of my mates, who are on their way to the pub, i decide to join them, i get a 'where the **** are you' phone call while in the pub, which makes me remember that i meant to call my college mates and tell them i couldn't make it. it must of sounded good from their end, me sat in a pub with a rubbish 'missed the bus' excuse.

so i'm sat here today, my car (and house) keys still AWOL, run out of places to look, can't go to work, can't do anything useful really.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

That's not good.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Doctor. Now.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

yikes.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
          Doctor. Now.
          thanks for the concern, but i know what the problem is (really low bloody sugar - i'm diabetic), no point going to the doctor about it.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

That's bad.

Not even a Gooner deserves to have stuff like that happen to them.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Do you suppose that when you got up yesterday you forgot to take your insulin?

Comment

if i didn't take it, that's what saved me. insulin controls bloody sugar by lowering it, eating raises it.

i'm not all that bothered about the diabetic thing, it's happend before, and will no doubt happen again, losing my car keys is a real pain in the arse though!

Comment

Chocolate. Now.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

have you looked in the fridge/freezer or in the pants you were wearing the last time you had them... Those are places I generally lose my keys at...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                      if i didn't take it, that's what saved me. insulin controls bloody sugar by lowering it, eating raises it.
                      My A-level biology teacher would be ashamed of me for not remembering that.

Comment

Lucky you didn't break your neck, eh?

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          have you looked in the fridge/freezer or in the pants you were wearing the last time you had them... Those are places I generally lose my keys at...
                          yeah i checked there, it seems like i've checked everywhere. everywhere, of course, except where the bloody things are!

Comment

yeah, they're always in the last place you look
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Have you ever thought about trying to get one of those new insulin pump/monitor combinations? I hear they're fairly new, but basically do all the "maintenance" work for you once you've programmed in some base numbers for the computer to work with. The combos use wireless technology ...

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X