• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want some too?

-30-

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
      I like the movie where he is trying to stop Russian agents blowing up stuff. it's called "The telephone" or something like that. At least telephones played a vital role in it.

Asmodean

P.S. Yeah. Once upon a time in the west is the all time great western. Ennio Morricone's music is stunning.

Asmodean
      'Telefon'- Donald Pleasence also starred, as did the lovely Lee Remick, Patrick Magee and Alan Badel, and Tyne Daly as an intelligence analyst.

He also had a part in 'House of Wax' with Vincent Price.

He was a better actor than most of his films would indicate, but with a physiognomy like his he was never going to get roles played by less gifted actors.

And yes, the Death Wish series is trash- with Michael Winner as a director there's not much hope for any film. Like King Midas in reverse, every thing he touched turns to crap-ola.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Death wish 3 had the best "bad guy is distracted, good guy grabs a gun, shoots the bad guy". Charles shot the bad guy, with a basooka! Neat.

He was a bomber gunner during WWII. Not much famous people can say that. And Dirty Dozen was good.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

What a shame now that he can't make DW4.
          -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
            You want some too?

I'm always in the mood for some.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Say it, don't spray it!!
              -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                Say it, don't spray it!!

I thought that was how you liked it.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

What am I, a fireman?!?!

Don't try to impose your opinions on me, you nazi!!!
                  -30-

Comment

I'll bet St. Swithin is getting a lot done around the house tonight...
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      Death wish 3 had the best "bad guy is distracted, good guy grabs a gun, shoots the bad guy". Charles shot the bad guy, with a basooka! Neat.

He was a bomber gunner during WWII. Not much famous people can say that. And Dirty Dozen was good.
                      Actually, he was a driver who never left the states. The gunner thing was something that his agent made up. A lot of bomber aircrew got killed during the war, especially in the heavy bombers. My grandfather's cousin was killed in 1943 during the ill-fated first daylight bomber offensive. So perhaps it's better that he was in Arizona for the duration, especially as he was able to make a film you liked.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

He was great in Once Upon a Time in the West, and casting Henry Fonda as the baddie was brilliant. That was his best film...
                        Cya Chuck, RIP.

Comment

I just wish to add that He was Lithuanian immigrant... But to be exact, He was Polish. Just to not make Saras to happy...
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                          X