Where does your Country Rank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does your Country Rank?

I came across this table last night. It was apparently compliled using the CIA factbook. By clicking on the headings you can view the table in a variety of interesting ways...GDP, GDP per capita, population, population density, literacy rates, etc... It provides some interesting insights.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

I've never liked PPP figures.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As long as Germany's above Israel, our struggle was not in vain...

I never knew the average worldwide population denity was 31

Comment

Austria: 14 in GDP and GDP per capita, 34 at life expectancy. Literacy rating makes no sense, 100% literacy is impossible. One can't even slightly compare the numbers as methods of calculating that rate are too different.
        Fertility: 24 from bottom (that's why our educational minister advised us young people to "stop go to parties, make babies." - Yes, she's from the conservative wing of the conservative party)
        Density: 96
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Density: 8

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wow, them Ethiopians sure like baby-makin'!
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not eating gives them a lot of extra time.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It looks like the places are all determined by the GDP/PPP (in millions) column. However, if you look closely:

United States $35,831
                Luxembourg $35,894

Luxembourg is a few million above the US. Good ole' patriotism making sure that this is overlooked.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                X