• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auditory : 17%
    Visual : 82%
    Left : 61%
    Right : 38%

Michael, you are somewhat left-hemisphere dominant and a predominantly visual learner, an interesting blend of characteristics!

You are an intensely visual person, active and continuously searching. As such, there is no rhythm or beat to limit your learning. You are constantly absorbing and imaging. Your tendency to be left- hemisphere dominant, however, creates some difficulties. You continue to attempt to structure all that input and categorize it, at the same time continuing to seek out new input while "reflecting" in what you have already gained.

With your visual orientation absorbing so much input, you sometimes utilize your left-brain focus to identify logical aspects of what you perceive and may become overwhelmed by details.

When faced with situations where you have to rely on verbal input exclusively, you may find yourself needing to work more on maintaining an "overview" or perspective in order to fully grasp the material. It is likely that "sketching out" a representation of material that you are listening to will enhance your understanding and recall of the material. Drawing diagrams and note-taking allow you to "see" the relationships and absorb them more fully.

You tend to focus on details and are generally logical and organized. You have an intensity which is evident to others and yet can feel comfortable with the applied aspects of learning, the practical.

Given that you are somewhat goal-directed, the difficulty with being so visual is that you continuously "see" new goals and thus may be drawn from one to the other or at least forced to think about them within present structures. Because of your visual processing mode, you are regularly faced with tolerating and integrating ambiguity, a process which disrupts the equilibrium of your left-hemisphere preeminence.

It is likely that you are restless continuously and do not feel challenged. You may well explore engaging in activities which enhance right-hemisphere functioning which would reduce some of the tension you might currently be experiencing.

Basically correct, although I never take physical notes - I use a sort of virtual whiteboard in my head.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 47%
      Visual : 52%
      Left : 20%
      Right : 80%

Osweld, you are strongly right-hemisphere dominant with balanced preference for auditory and visual modes of processing, a very effective mix for creativity and spontanaiety while being amenable to direction and focus.

With this combination you are likely a very impatient learner. On the one hand, you deal with large abstractions while you must frequently reduce your processing to one dimensional channels. Fortunately, you also have the attributes of a visual learner so that simultaneous processing is also available to you.

In a similar vein, your right hemisphere gives you an abstract orientation that you are able to link to the organizational and sequen- tial resources of the auditory learner.

You are more passionate than most and have the capacity to be very persuasive. You can detect a great deal by listening to others and this, combined with your intuitive capabilities, would tend to make you an excellent friend.

You are less reflective about yourself or your motivations, unless forced to be. Your tendency is to respond simultaneously to people and avoid a need to have expectations or demands.

Overall, your organization and planning are flexible, and you are successful in "winging it" with sufficient verbal sophistication to blend with your spontaneity and creativity. You will experience discomfort only when situations become too organized or rigid and find yourself wanting to either flee or challenge them.

You may be disorganized with piles of stuff laying everywhere. Unlike the more visually oriented person, however, you have a hard time relocating whatever you place unless you verbally state to yourself where you are putting something and then remind yourself what you are looking for when you go to retrieve it.

Spot on.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

50-50-58-41. I got the same paragraph as Ari Rahikkala did.

I don't know what it's talking about with the visual-auditory balance thing. I'm very heavily visual in my experience. The rest is fairly descriptive of me, I guess...
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
        X