No announcement yet.

2 days ago my family and I almost died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's just cuz you're not used to strong weather, but you weren't in much danger. Hurricane force winds are common where I grew up (American MidWest). Really, winds of that speed are unlikely to kill or hurt very much. I imagine it was pretty scary though. I wouldn't have wanted to be out in it.

BTW, tornadoes are not quiet. If it had been a real tornado, you would have heard the sound of a frieght train or jet airliner. Buddy of mine was telling me that he used to live near the airport, and when a tornado was actually headed towards his house, he didn't even bother to seek shelter, because he thought a plane was crashing on him, and where do you hide from that?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Welcome to the world of tornadic winds, Wernazuma III. Not much fun, are they? Glad to see everyone made it out fine.

I live in the Upper Midwest of the United States, and we're no strangers to howling tornadoes up here, although we don't have it quite as bad as, say, Oklahoma or Kansas. We did, however, record 67 tornadoes in a single day and night back in June — we had a massive low pressure system moving through unstable air, and it set everything off. There was one monstrous F4-F5 twister that leveled a small community southeast of where I live ... no one, died, though the town is gone. Literally.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

A miss is as good as a mile.
        -30-

Comment

you post in a history forum? geek

cool how you got through that anyway. make sure the boy gets used to rain again

that weather sounds weird even for ösiland

Comment

You're not in Kansas anymore, Miss Parker.
            -30-

Comment

you have talent. I can teach you to become a spamedi knight.

Comment

ÖSILAND IST ABGEBRANNT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                  There was one monstrous F4-F5 twister that leveled a small community southeast of where I live ... no one, died, though the town is gone. Literally.

Gatekeeper
                  What kind of reparations can the home owners in such an area expect. Are they required to have individual insurance for their houses, in order to receive reparations. Or will the state/federal authorities take over part of the payments?

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

@ata

Comment

That'll teach you to go for a walk in the park! You young people always looking for a little excitement, life in the fast lane, well I'll tell YOU! When we were young we had more sense than to go for strolls all willy nilly! Were you drunk?!?!

Hmmph.

Young people.

Well, good thing you're all safe, hope you learned something from the experience.

Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Go to Disneyland, you non-New Yorker.

Watch out for falling poodles.
                        -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                          spamedi knights
                          once infested, better let the thread die quickly...
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

werna, please

I told you I'm glad you survived

Comment

You'll still be known as the poodleman.
                              -30-

Comment

Working...
                              X