No announcement yet.

Iraq - Terrorism or Homeland Defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the difference between the terrorist and the resistors. The terrorist are fighting to preserve or install an autocratic form of governing based upon the oppression of various different groups and the determination of the fate of the majority. Resistors are those who are fighting against them-trying to reinstall or preserve a system in which the collective will of the people is being supported
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

eek I did mean billion sorry guys - thats err 2,000,000,000.

Comment

Well, then you are still wrong. $2 billion is no where near the right figure. The US has spent $100 billion and the UK and Australia together (mostly the UK though) has spent around $20 billion. The grande total is around $120 billion to date.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes but $2 is the cost of the operation each week. The cost of the initial assult until ceasefilre was jointly about $90 Bil from start until fall of Bagdad.

Comment

Barley is correct, that the US is spending on average 2 billion a week in the occupation of Iraq. none of this has yet to go in the budget, of course. Several news agencies have reported this figure. Think of it, 30 billion isnce the end of th war (May 1st): that has been what, 4 months, 16 weeks, into 30 billion? whats 16 weeks divided into 30 billion? About 2 billion a week. Oh, and Bremer just came home to ask for an extra 3 billion on TOP of the weekly costs.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am sick and tired of hearing the news channels, papers etc etc refering to the bombings and shootings as terrorist acts. It may be true that foreign nationals and other mulims are going to Iraq to support the specific religeous groups etc but I see not difference in this than what happend in France, Hungary, Poland etc in WW2 the so called "Resistance" was also supported by supplies, intelligence and many other means by both UK and USA in these instances.
              First of all, Hungary played on German side. As well as France to a big extent -except for commies and very little at the start supporters of de Gaulle.

And there is a big difference. Americans and their allies are not questioning the souvereignity of Iraq, they do not claim for its territory, and thereare other ways of criticising them, in the press, on the streats...
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
              X