Terrible Accidents you've had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Accidents you've had

Is elijah the only Apolytoner to be hit by a milk float?

The worst that's happened to me is jumping out of a tree for a dare and hitting a barbed wire fence with my arm (a few stitches, bruised pride [I was 7]).

Anyone here particularly accident prone? The worst accident other than the tree episode for me, was meeting my wife.
    Only feebs vote.

When I was 10, I collected beer cans. Then me and my buddy got the idea to have a war throwing them at each other. This was the old kind made of steel instad of today's aluminium. One of the sharp edges hit me in the forehead and the blood splattered all over my house. I still have a scar just where the hair ends in the front.

When I was 17, a drunk lunatic attacked me for no obvious reason and played Tyson. I hit the floor, stood up and ran away, only to find out I had a hole right through my upper lip. I could blow air with my mouth closed - 8 stiches and a small scar
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Heheh, I got into so many problems as a kid my family doctor thought my father was beating me. No joke. I used to live doing stunt bike riding and I crashed as many times as I made it plus I acted stupid and liked to ride without my hands on the bars. Once it was cold and I had my hands in my pockets while riding my bike and a car almost ran me over. I couldn't get my hands out of my pockets fast enough so I tried to guide my bike with by knees. I ended up crashing and skinning the right side of my face.

Pretty embarassing for an 8th grader.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

When I was six I took my older sisters bike without asking because I wanted to learn to ride without training wheels. The problem is my bike had brakes (instead on my bike you pushed back on the pedels) while her's did. So any way I was riding fast, she had a 10 speed while I had a 1 speed, and then I saw a car coming. I hit the break but only one, not both, of the breaks and it turned out to be the front break. I indoed and ended up hitting my head on a rock. I required 5 stitches from s doctor as a result.
        Last edited by Dinner; August 29, 2003, 21:05.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My wife was hit right in the eyebrow when a kid in the kindergarten where she worked raised his head quickly and hit her face with the back of his head. It did not get better when she was drunk the night after and walked right into the wall and got herself a completely blue eye. Her friends asked her what happened, and when she told them, it just sounded too ridicoulous and they accused me for domestic violence. To my defence, I was on a business trip when it happened - I had a water-tight alibi!
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I was once assaulted at a swimming pool in a run-by fruiting accident.
            Last edited by st_swithin; August 30, 2003, 01:19.
            -30-

Comment

...I got married once..does that count?

Comment

Lets see: I was in a car crash when I was very young: I do not remember it, but I have a sgnificant permanent scar on my knee from it.

When I was about 5 or so, I was chasing my dog when I tripped and hit my head against a jagged piece of concrete..thankfully the cut was superficial: bleed alot but left no major scar.

When I was 12 or so, I was on a houseboat: the boat was moving and I decided to splash me feet out the side, well, the current got me and I got dragged under the boat and got cuts in my head and leg..I came very close to the propellor when I was coming out the back, but since none of my cuts were signigificant, I assume I missed it.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Were there any witnesses at your wedding whom you recognised?
                  -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                    I was once assaulted at a swimming pool in a run-by fruiting accident.
                    So you've seen Mrs. Doubtfire.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Perhaps, or maybe I was just too busy being James Bond to see her coming.
                      -30-

Comment

Working...
                      X