Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    There will be no war.

What I'd frankly prefer is if we (USA) just said "fine, you want to build nukes while your people starve? Go ahead. But you will get nothing from us. Not a goddamned thing. Not a drop of oil. Not one bag of grain. Not a single penny."

The nuclear genie is out of the bottle/pandora's box is open. I think we ought to have the CIA/NSA/FBI/whatever agencies are responsible for it keep tabs on the possibility of proliferation to non-governmental organizations (Al-Quaida, etc.), and fund them well, but other than that, screw it. This whole blackmail situation is ridiculous.

North Korea has 1 trump card: nukes. That regime will never surrender them. Ever. It makes no sense for them to do so. Given that, I have no interest whatsoever in helping prop them up (food aid, fuel oil, money, whatever goodies they will demand this time - after that whole non-agression bit is dealt with). I say we just ignore them.

-Arrian
    I agree with one little extra, tell them we are parking an "OHIO" class boat with all 20 tubes aim at them somewhere in the Pacific. If they make one small step to start trouble all 20 tubs will be headed their way.

Comment

Working...
    X