North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I doubt we would nuke them even if they did level Seoul. IIRC, the non-proliferation treaty also says that signatories shall not be the first side to use nukes. Only if biochem or nuke weapons were used would you have enough support to use the weapons.
    yes and since the US is the MAD umbrella for seoul. using artillery on seoul is no longer MAD.

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
      as it has been presupposed many times by both sides. Kim just wants to keep his power. If u enter a regime changing bombing campaign, what would stop him from using nukes? I don't see the big guarentee that he'll see our b-52's and think "well since they're fighting fair i guess they can have my country."
      That's the point, isn't it. As long as he has nukes, we won't attack. The DPRK is an aggressive little ****, but it is deeply frightened of being attacked by the US. It's a national paranoia. They really believe an American assault is just around the corner.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
        yes and since the US is the MAD umbrella for seoul. using artillery on seoul is no longer MAD.
        We still have more than enugh conventional firepower to destroy every DPRK city. MAD still applies.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's the point, isn't it. As long as he has nukes, we won't attack. The DPRK is an aggressive little ****, but it is deeply frightened of being attacked by the US. It's a national paranoia. They really believe an American assault is just around the corner.
          maybe u r just arguing w/ me out of habit. I first responded to the idea that arty on seoul is in MAD territory.

Comment

We still have more than enugh conventional firepower to destroy every DPRK city. MAD still applies.
            will we use it though? like I said in an earlier post. will Kim say "well since they're fighting fair i wont use my nukes on LA." after seeing our b52's.

Comment

You're saying that if he has nukes, we won't respond at all. That's simply not true. We were prepared t destroy the world over Berlin when the wall went up and again when Cuba was putting up missiles.

A hand full of North Korean nukes will not deter the US from defending the RoK if it is attacked. Our nuke threat is, you use those things and we'll glass you.

Comment

You're saying that if he has nukes, we won't respond at all. That's simply not true. We were prepared t destroy the world over Berlin when the wall went up and again when Cuba was putting up missiles.

A hand full of North Korean nukes will not deter the US from defending the RoK if it is attacked. Our nuke threat is, you use those things and we'll glass you.
                I'm perfectly aware of what our threat is. politicians make threats ALL THE TIME they live up to about 3% of them. I am in serious doubt that we would endanger LA for seoul. u may hold a more noble view that we actually would simply absorb losing los angeles as the price to pay. I somehow doubt it. when the threat was RUSSIA the stakes were much higher, the enemy much larger and the idealogies much more influential. this is a crazy korean **** that seoul should be responsible for.

Comment

We would defend SK.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    We would defend SK.

-Arrian
                    at what price?

Comment

The stakes are pretty damn high. If NK attacks SK and we fail to defend our ally, any other nation allied with us will figure we'll leave them hanging if the **** ever hits the fan. Our "security umbrella" will be shot full of holes. That has really, really bad implications for our position in the world.

We're a superpower, and we wish to remain a superpower. Superpowers don't run away if a nutbag like Kim attacks an ally. Even if he says he has nukes than can hit the West Coast.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        The stakes are pretty damn high. If NK attacks SK and we fail to defend our ally, any other nation allied with us will figure we'll leave them hanging if the **** ever hits the fan. Our "security umbrella" will be shot full of holes. That has really, really bad implications for our position in the world.

We're a superpower, and we wish to remain a superpower. Superpowers don't run away if a nutbag like Kim attacks an ally. Even if he says he has nukes than can hit the West Coast.

-Arrian
                        we won't run away. but we won't try to overthrow kim either. we might defend seoul. fund them, sponsor inssurections. bomb the artillery positions. politically/economically rape north korea internationally. any # of things that dont involve making them glow in the dark or carpet bombing them to the "stone age."

I mean we're not the UN w/ our threats. we're still a political entity and inherently are going to try and balk when a threat goes too far.

Comment

Pyongyang nukes Seoul
                          Washington nukes Pyongyang
                          Pyongyang nukes LA
                          OMFG Pyongyang has no more nukes!!!
                          North Korea turns to glass
                          Yay!
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

sponsor inssurections.
                            In North Korea? Do you have any idea what it's like over there? The brainwashing all these people suffer?
                            I am unsure NK would or can strike LA. They probably would nuke Japan first to show what they can do in hope of avoiding destruction if they struck LA.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                              Pyongyang nukes Seoul
                              Washington nukes Pyongyang
                              Pyongyang nukes LA
                              OMFG Pyongyang has no more nukes!!!
                              North Korea turns to glass
                              Yay!
                              who needs LA anyways?

Comment

What right does anyone have to nukes?

What makes the USA different to NK in that respect. Who is to say that there is a difference (the USA? )?
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X