No announcement yet.

Why do I hate The Wonder Years so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I hate The Wonder Years so much?

It's on right now, so I had to go in the other room and log on to Apolyton instead.

I can't stand it. Looking at that little twerp Kevin and his stupid brooding girlfriend makes me nauseous. The narration makes my ears bleed. There's maybe one character on there who I wouldn't imagine myself killing if I knew them.

And yet it was, I hear, a popular show. People liked it as a nostalgia trip for the 60s and 70s. So what's the problem? Is it me, or is it them?
    You, sir, are an insensitive clod who lived a sheltered life and has no conception of the angst and alienation felt by real teenagers.
    28.57%
    The Wonder Years was made by people who have only pleasant memories of their time in high school - completely different from you, for whom every day was a struggle to not be slain by boredom and to resist killing people.
    21.43%
    It's 20th century TV! What the hell do you expect?
    14.29%
    The show is painfully lacking in bananas.
    35.71%
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

but Winnie was hot

Comment

Just remember that when it was on, there were no shows that depicted real life on regular TV( teen pregnancy,drug use...etc). I do not recall ever watching a whole show however, teenage angst is prevalent whether its 60's 70's 80's 90's or now...........

Comment

Well you have to love Kevin's best friend, whom they basically based Milhouse on the Simpsons after .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I liked it, I don't know why 'cos the whole 'apple pie and Mom' American thing makes me want to puke! Go figure;O)

Comment

I voted the second poll option btw.

but that doesn't mean I want to watch tv with characters similar to me. That would the most pathetic tv show ever

I want to watch shows where the kids actually gets a girfriend when he is like 12 years old.

And who am I kidding, along with Winnie- Kevin's sister was kind of hot too. Throw in his mom as well.

In fact, I'd just have big ole fourway with Winnie, and Kevin's mom and sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Well you have to love Kevin's best friend, whom they basically based Milhouse on the Simpsons after .
              There's a guy on Good Day New York who looks exactly as Milhouse would if a) he were a real person, and b) he grew up to be a dorky morning show sub-host.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

In fact, I'd just have big ole fourway with Winnie, and Kevin's mom and sister.
                With Winnie willing but kinda shy, being helped into it by Kevs mom?

Comment

just so I don't look like a complete sicko. I was only attracted to Winnie when that show was on tv. I was like 14 or 15 at the time.

I wouldn't have sex with her now. Well actually she is grown up. I wonder how well she filled out... hmm. She was actually kind of skinny on the tv show, but I'm sure she has filled out now.

Comment

just so I don't look like a complete sicko. I was only attracted to Winnie when that show was on tv. I was like 14 or 15 at the time.

I wouldn't have sex with her now. Well actually she is grown up. I wonder how well she filled out... hmm. She was actually kind of skinny on the tv show, but I'm sure she has filled out now.
                    You don't have to explain yourself to me mate

Comment

I don't want to give the wrong impression.

I think John Ashcroft might be spying on these forums. With all the communists here, I'm sure they are.

Comment

You hate it because you're a young dweeb, and the show wasn't particulary crafted for your interest.

That obvious fact pointed out,

HAPPY DAMNED BIRTHDAY, GEEKUS!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

she's in the West Wing series 4 she first appears in the ep "Game On" ( this week's episode on E4 here in the UK ) with the great name of "Elsie Snuffin"

she didnt look too bad, sure most wouldnt kick her out of bed

Comment

Working...
                          X