Help Starchild earn profit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Starchild earn profit!

I wanna sell my current DVD player cause I found a so much nicer one on the Internet and, thanks to my inability to say no to spending cash these days, have bought it (I also got this sexy new jumper that goes great with my blonde highlights. It's commando green and....I'm wandering aren't I?)

I got my old DVD player at Xmas so I have no clue about the original price. It's barely been used and in perfect condition. I have all the original bits and pieces (I'm sure the manual is somewhere in my room....) and I'm even going to resist removing the batteries in the remote.

It's a Region 2 only DVD player. I'm now going to list off a bunch of technical details on the side of the box:

Dolby Digital/DTS/MPEG-2 Audio Compression
    Resume Play Memory (5 discs)
    DVD/ Audio CD compatible
    RGB (via SCART) & S-VIDEO
    Graphic Interactive On-screen Menus
    Advanced Digital Zoom

Now, all I need out of this transaction is £40 for me to break even. Ideally I'd like more than that. What's the fun in selling stuff unless you can get someone's hard worked for holiday money out of it?

How high can I aim for in setting an initial price? What would a "fair" price be on guy reaction to the specs?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Start by telling them what make it is. If it's Alba, anything over £10 is about right.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Ferguson DVD400FE
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Try putting it in your paper for forty pounds and see if anyone bites. That's still a pretty good deal.

Comment

I was actually thinking of putting a notice up at the local supermarket message board for around £100 and working up or down from there. I do want to make someone money.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Well, I think you'll easily be able to get forty for it so you may as well go for the gold. You probably won't get as many hits in the supermarket, though.

Comment

Thread title

I thought gay people were inherently wealthy?

Comment

It only appears that way because they have such natty dress sense. Not everyone can make a commando green jumper look fabulous.

Comment

Go for 100 if you can wait a little bit.

60 and you'll sell it right away me thinks.

Comment

Re: Help Starchild earn profit!

Originally posted by Starchild
                    I also got this sexy new jumper that goes great with my blonde highlights. It's commando green and
                    Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                    Not everyone can make a commando green jumper look fabulous.
                    Scarily, I also have blonde highlights and have just bought a commando (am I the only one who thinks painfully of 'going commando' when Starchild says this ) green jumper. However I do have the excuse that it was bought on the orders of my girlfriend
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

$150=100 pounds? That's way to much for a used DVD player. You can buy new DVD players in the states for around $50.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

3 words - Phonebooths. Postcards. Tequila.

Moneh!

Comment

I think you'll be lucky to get £40, as they are selling new ones here for £38.
                          19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Working...
                          X