Iraqi baby named "George Bush"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi baby named "George Bush"

BAGHDAD, Iraq — It's a fair bet that one Baghdad baby won't run into anybody else in Iraq with the same name.

An Iraqi couple has named their 6-week-old baby boy George Bush (search) to show their appreciation for U.S. efforts to force Saddam Hussein (search) out of power.

"He saved us from Saddam and that's why we named our son after him," the baby's mother, Nadia Jergis Mohammed, told the Associated Press Television News. "It was George Bush who liberated us; without him it wouldn't have happened."

Baby Bush was born July 11 to Mohammed, 34, and her husband Abdul Kader Faris, 41. His full name is George Bush Abdul Kader Faris Abed El-Hussein.

If the couple had had twin boys, the father wanted to name the other baby Tony Blair (search), because he said both the U.S. and Britain liberated Iraq.

Baby Bush has two older brothers, with the more traditional names Omar and Ali.

The tiny boy's mother told APTN that all Iraqis hated Saddam's regime, and that President Bush freed them from his dictatorship.

"If he hadn't done it the sons of Saddam would have ruled us for years," she said.

As the woman did the interview, little George Bush screamed in his crib.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

I Love it.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

some people will name their kids after anyone and anything. your point?

orangejello, orbit, moon unit, diarrhea, randy, osama...
    B♭3

Comment

Bushmania is spreading, my point.
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

poor kid
        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Joking or otherwise, baiting posters by name in thread titles doesn't go around here.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

OK, fine Mtg.

Comment

Maybe they really named the kid George Bush so they can things like:

"Yeah, George Bush is still breast feeding"
              "George Bush wet the bed again"
              "I have to burp George Bush after he eats"
              "George Bush has the tinniest little...uhum"

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant
                Surely there are idiots in Iraq too.

Poor kid is going to have serious troubles with his peers.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Polllution spreads too. Doesn't make it a good thing.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It is odd that George Bush and Hussein would be in the same name. I really feel sorry for the kid though. I am sure that he will be made fun of in school and what if he turns out to be a leftist and doesn't like Bush? He'll be stuck with the name. Yes, you can change your name but I don't think Muslims would do that because I think they believe that that would be insulting your parents.
                    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I don't think it is any different then being named Georgy Washington in the US, it's an honor.

Comment

I don't think it is any different then being named Georgy Washington in the US, it's an honor.
                        It's completely different... as in more along the lines of naming your kid Saddam Hussein in the US.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

there was recenty a story about some poor bloke in the UK, who was a distant relative of Hitler's, so he had the same sirname, and it was family tradition or something, and he got named adolf, poor guy
                          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

So lets see, one couple in Iraq names their kid George Bush (how is that pronounced in arabic anyway?), and this proves "bushmania"? When George is 1/10 as popular as Osama, give us a call.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              Maybe they really named the kid George Bush so they can things like:

"Yeah, George Bush is still breast feeding"
                              "George Bush wet the bed again"
                              "I have to burp George Bush after he eats"
                              "George Bush has the tinniest little...uhum"

yeah, that's it
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X