Occupation death toll of U.S. troops equal to that of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

So the support for Bush in Iraq has rolled over and died on this forum already, how much longer before the public starts demanding that its troops return home?
    Not an option. We are now operating under the "you break it, you buy it" doctrine.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by skywalker
      lame troll
      The standard refrain from one who has nothing better to say - people are dying because people with similar views to you put them in the line of fire...

You guys are really stumped aren't you? All going wrong?

Just more bodybags and billions of dollars down the drain for what looks like an ultimate compounding of a previously low level region nuisance into a potential clusterf*ck.

Nice one Bush - way to create problems when you haven't even finished dealing with the last one!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• lame troll
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
          lame troll
          Hey, are you guys in some kind of cave?

There seems to be an echo!
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac de Molay

Not an option. We are now operating under the "you break it, you buy it" doctrine.
            Good name for it. You should get a job working for new Colonels who haven't come up with their catch-phrase shorthand for their doctrines yet.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• lame troll
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                lame troll
                WHERE IS THAT ECHO COMMING FROM?

Bush gave the UN the finger so he could give his superiors at Haliburton the oil. If the Conservatives can't admit to that that are delusional. I wasn't against the war, I was against the timing, the f*cking of the UN, and the alterior motives.

Comment

• lame troll

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
                    'own the country'

It is that very arrogant attitude that is why the US is so unpopular in the World...
                    So who does own it now?

The US gave the UN the finger at the beginning because it was so confident that it could pacify Iraq all on it's own because it thought it would be a cake walk...

Now it's crying about needing UN troops and support - that sounds like admitting the US can't handle the situation... In other words 'admitting defeat'.
                    Nice spin. Saying something along the lines of "if you want your share of the oil, pitch in and help out" isn't exactly admitting defeat. I think it's just a political move. We have to ask. Doesn't mean we expect the UN to get off it's dead ass and do anything, but we'll have gone through the motions and asked.

The coalition troops are presiding over anarchy - there is no order whatsoever and things are getting worse, not better. They can't even prevent their political supporters from being assassinated (Notice how everyone is blaming the US for failing in its security duties YET AGAIN!)
                    And I suppose you Brits ought to take the blame for all the IRA bombings you failed to prevent - after all, security forces are supposed to be omniscient and have tinfoil hat penetrating mindreaders everywhere.

Those 'gutless bastards' just lost a couple of dozen people because the US couldn't protect them!
                    Did they ask the US for protection? Did they attempt to provide their own? The US isn't obligated to protect every ****ing facility in the country. The good ol' UN types there, operating at the outer perimeter of a converted hotel with no physical security or perimeter barriers, thought they were immune from attack. Say what you want, but they left their asses hanging in the breeze under the mistaken notion that their diplomatic status would be respected by a bunch of terrorist *******s.

Also, the US shoved such a huge middle finger up their asses that the UN could quite happily tell the US to get f*cked without anyone blaming them - talk about burning your bridges!!!
                    Good. I don't want the ****ing UN in our way anyway. And if they're the "bridge" I have to rely on, then I'm gonna damn well learn to swim, or start lookin' for a boat.

Nah, the US has to relinquish power to the UN, or keep on sucking it up! My biggest concern is that the UK forces got sucked into this sorry mess by our stupid government and they have to pay the price too - because they seem to be far more stretched than the US forces...

Our country didn't want this war, yet we're still there - your country did, now reap the consequences!
                    Not a problem. Just mount up, shut up, lock and load and prepare to go along for the ride.

Not for another few hundred bodybags at least...
                    Soldiering can be hazardous to your health. Anybody who signed up and didn't realize that has some major problems.

Wasn't that long ago that the US chickened out of Somalia for basically the same reason - no stomach for a long haul fight...
                    I would have called in B-52 strikes on the mother****ing skinnies from K4 to the corner of Armed Forces and Da-aud myself, but that's just me. I suppose you types would whine then about "civilian casualties."

Worst thing is that at least with Somalia, the US had a justification to be there which makes their betrayal of the Somali people even harder to take...
                    We weren't obligated to the ****ing Somalis who used relief aid as a weapon of war, and a funding source for other weapons. In fact, we were there to bail out the UN's ass once again with UNITAF replacing UNISOM I, then after we stabilized the situation (with a ****load of Marines), and turned it back over to the UN again with UNISOM II, things went back to hell in a bucket. It wasn't our mess in the first place, and it wasn't our mess at the end. Even your buddies from the UN admit "there was no peace to keep."

So try another subject.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Okay, because Vietnam happened there doesn't need to be Vietnam level casualties to have Vietnam style political effects in The United States.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Actually, there probably does.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• no, if they kill one a week that will be enough.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Doubtful.

Comment

• They are doing better than one a day - that's more than good enough.

Comment

• Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X