Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People in developing countries like multinational corps, don't like trade protestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in developing countries like multinational corps, don't like trade protestors

Interesting.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Yes, it is.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Summary for the lazy!
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Quick summary:

Poll results show that people in the 3rd world actually have a rather positive view of multination corporations & "globalization," and most of the opposition is in the developed West.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thanks.

I read the article anyway though.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Multinationals pay. Protesters don't. I'd prefer a paycheck too.

Comment

By the way, I'm not at all surprised at this.

Comment

Well of course they do! Theyre offering employment and the ability to keep exploding populations (not literally, although....) alive.

Work in near-slavery conditions, or you and your family die? Tough one.
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Have the chance to make the climb out of agricultural servitude ala the US and Western Europe circa 1750-1950, or you and your family die? Tough one.

One has to wonder at the motives of people who protest for other people who aren't so bothered as to organize massive protests themselves.

Comment

--"Work in near-slavery conditions, or you and your family die? Tough one."

Lame troll. Philip Morris, Mars, TeliaSonera, Marzotto, etc. are and have been from the roots of our independence the best employers in this country, both in terms of pay, conditions, benefits, general atmosphere etc.
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                      Have the chance to make the climb out of agricultural servitude ala the US and Western Europe circa 1750-1950, or you and your family die? Tough one.
                      But remember, everyone has to have their turn in the fields, so that they don't think they're above the proletariat.

One has to wonder at the motives of people who protest for other people who aren't so bothered as to organize massive protests themselves.
                      It's because those poor people are too ignorant and oppressed, and afraid to speak their minds for fear of right wing death squads to keep them in line. Since they can't be enlightened, we have to do it for them.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Oh, yeah. I forgot.

Makes one wonders how the oppressed and benighted peoples of W. Europe crawled from the muck. Who protested for us?

Comment

We're white people. We had it naturally easy, plus we climbed out of the muck on the backs of those er, um... muckier toned people.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            Who protested for us?
                            We did.

Anyway, I'm not at all surprised by this poll, considering how biased it was. The mainstream view of the "anti-globalization" protestors is that they are opposed to economic development of the 3rd World, that it's only Westerners protesting, etc.

Truth: the movement is internationalist, with substantial contacts in the 3rd world, and derives much of its leadership from the 3rd World.

Truth: the movement wants development in the 3rd world, but with labor and environmental protections, so that they can enjoy the fruits of their development, so that they don't have to live in ****-holes like the Maquiladoras in Mexico or worry about their bosses hiring death squads when they try and organize, like in Columbia.

Truth: the "anti-globalization" protests have been far larger in the 3rd World than in the 1st.

Truth: this is just another protest-bashing piece with no real substance.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Truth: che has yet to back up any of his "Truths"

Comment

Working...
                              X