Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Pie every Day and other Misconceptions about America

Origin of misconception: Taiwan, ROC
    1. In America, every child eats apple pie every day.
    2. In America, people live either in skyscrapers or on farms.
    3. In America, the most common form of entertainment is the rodeo.

Keep 'em coming!
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

-Everyone dresses like a cowboy.

-If you live in California you must know all the movie stars (I lost track of how many times people have asked me if I know so and so from bay watch)

-Everyone owns a gun.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

-Everyone owns a gun.
      ...we don't?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The streets are paved with gold! (Africa)
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

3. In America, the most common form of entertainment is the rodeo.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I do love a rodeo and nice piece of apple pie though.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Perception: USA = azz kickers

Reality: USA = azz kickers
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The sad reality is that in fact there is one family in Vilnius that is forced to eat apple pie every day being the result of one persons grandma having a huge apple orchard and only human digestive capabilities, thus dumpind the said family with huge sacks of apples.
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Sweet

hook me up

I know you know her hot apple pie eating granddaughter

so i'll be over for apple pie....and some... APPLE PIE you know what I'm saying fellas?

don't lie this time that last number you sent me went to some gay strip club in austria
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Sweet

hook me up

I know you know her hot apple pie eating granddaughter

so i'll be over for apple pie....and some... APPLE PIE you know what I'm saying fellas?

don't lie this time that last number you sent me went to some gay strip club in austria
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

we know nothing of the existance of chopsticks
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

yo i get tired of being handed a fork at the chinese restaurant

my skillz with the chopsticks are unsurpassed

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                            The sad reality is that in fact there is one family in Vilnius that is forced to eat apple pie every day being the result of one persons grandma having a huge apple orchard and only human digestive capabilities, thus dumpind the said family with huge sacks of apples.
                            Can't they sell the apples at the market? I'm sure someone out there would buy some apples at the right price. They just have to find someone who owns a store or something.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Can't they sell the apples at the market? I'm sure someone out there would buy some apples at the right price. They just have to find someone who owns a store or something.
                              It's not like the orchard is a business, so she couldn't be arsed to go to the market. She just like growing them, and leaving them under the trees is "bad for the trees".

Comment

Working...
                              X