The tapeworm miracle diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tapeworm miracle diet?

Hopefully this isn't gross enough to get me banned, especially since I'm more or less serious:
    If people are willing to inject the botulinum toxin into their faces just to get rid of wrinkles, why hasn't anyone tried the tapeworm diet? Just swallow two or three eggs, and within a few weeks you could eat a whole cheesecake for breakfast and not gain weight! Since the tapeworms keep growing, most of what you eat goes to them, and the more you shovel down, the more they grow. Side effects include tarry stools and...not much else that I know of. When you want to quit the diet, it's just a matter of taking the medicine and killing the little buggers. I grant you that it would be creepy to excrete a thirty-foot parasite after your diet, and you'd be crazy to want to do it, but is it really any stranger than Botox or barely tested medications?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Would this really work? It sounds like it would just make you very sick.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Elok is trying to kill us, you know that, right?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

it would be creepy to excrete a thirty-foot parasite

It would take a long time too.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

This actually isn't a bad idea.

I believe they would be able to extract the tapeworm also.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hey, leeches have medicinal uses, why not tapeworms?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

How healthy would you be at the end of it though?
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The genius of it is, there are medicines you can take that'll kill the tapeworm in a flash, at which point it will detach from your innards and decompose like any other garbage. So far as I know the only thing a tapeworm does is suck the nutrients out of your blood or something somehow.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

This doesn't seem any worse than any of the other diets out there...

Comment

All you never wanted to know about tapeworms.

Do you live in Minnesota?

Banish fat! Always stay thin! Eat! Eat! Eat!

That's what the ad for weight loss said. It went on: "Sanitized tape worms: Friends for a fair form."

I should add that this ad is more than 100 years old, and that women were the target of these "jar packed, easy to swallow" weight-loss wonders. The ad illustrates that obesity, or the perception of obesity, has been an enemy of humans for a long time

Then again you could get obsessive about having tapeworms!

Best to laugh about it

Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Tapeworms ingest the nutrients that would otherwise have been absorbed by your intenstines into the blood.

I think its a great idea!!! However, surely its cheaper to just, like, eat less?
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

elijah - but we Americans are too feeble-minded to actually eat less

I'll pass on those links, btw...

Comment

elijah - but we Americans are too feeble-minded to actually eat less
                          I wouldn't be suprised if thats actually true!
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

[qoute]
                            The adult tapeworms have an average length of ~ 5 meters , consisting of approximately 1000 proglottids, but may grow up to 17 metres in length occasionally, and are therefore longer than the adult forms of Taenia solium. [/quote]

17 meters?! Jesus ****ing Christ!
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You'd have to have 17 meters of intestines for that to be a problem.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X