Microwaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwaves

About 10 minutes ago, I cooked myself dinner. I've had the house to myself for most of this month so there are days when I cant really be bothered to cook. Today is one of those days. I raided the freezer and found this cod fillet in cheese sauce, in a plastic back ready for microwaving.

Put it on a plastic plate and shoved it in. Forgot to ***** the bag. About 3 minutes later I was posting on Apolyton, when I heard an almighty pop. The bag had exploded, and little bits of cod fillet and cream cheese were all over the microwave.

This is the latest in a long series of incidents with me and the microwave, including a whole egg (which also exploded), and a cucumber (experimentation you understand).

Any other interesting stories? I havent tried anything metal, as that would be just stupid.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Forgot to ***** the bag
    hmmm... I don't know what kind of sick sexual food fetishes you Northampton's have...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If an action is censored on this site, I do not think it would be wise to perform whatever action it is on a bag.

Edit: Damn you Sava... I was too slow.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

sorry, it was meant to be p r i c k with a fork but the censors obviously being puritanical today!
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I don't know what kind of sick... fetishes you Northampton's have
          You want to talk to Drogue about that one! I'm relatively normal for this town!

Comment

Never microwave anything with a sealed container. Water will escape from the food, turn into steam, and build up pressure in the bag.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

yup, all food has some water content. well almost all food I can think of.

Comment

Dissident: You are correct, all food. Its how microwaves work, the actual waveform uses the water molecule like a magnet, hydrogren and oxygen being at opposite ends, and opposite charges. It results in each molecule rotating, causing friction and thus heat.

Comment

It takes about 8.5 seconds to kill a cockroach in my microwave -- well at least that's how long it takes it to stop moving

Comment

I'll tell what's happened to me when I stop laughing.
                    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                    XGalaga.

Comment

Neutrino:

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

lol

Comment

Alright, I'm done laughing now.

When I was 6-7, I would put hot dogs (small cylinders of meat(?) roughly 1/2" x 4-5") in until they split down the center.
                          More recently, I put a cube of butter in for what I thought was the right time and it came out still frozen, except for a couple holes drilled through it.
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

cockroaches in the microwave

we were always wanting to put some cockroaches in the reactor compartment on the Enterprise. We never got around to doing that

Comment

you can put metal in the microwave as long as it has no sharp edges. Lots of TV dinners and such have foil sheilding for different compartments. And the popcorn bags you use have a metal film in the paper. That is what heats up.

Comment

Working...
                              X