Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Afternoon Discussion.

What is the essence of The Torra?

Is it that there is endless nothingness and that closely similates the essence of God? That in fact there is no difference between the two?

Or is this argument crap?

Give me some links for The Torra for Begginers please.

I'm sure I have mispelled Tora in english.

Comment

ToraH

Comment

Your jouney could begin here

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. I'm on it.

And is it that strange to want to know about something that has endured for so long?

Comment

53 lessons? no thanks...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was under the impression the Torah was simply the Christian 'Old Testament', minus the countless changes and errors made by translators, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                I was under the impression the Torah was simply the Christian 'Old Testament', minus the countless changes and errors made by translators, etc.
                It's more accurate to say that the Christian Bible is the Torah with a bunch of new stuff piled on top.

There are also a number of Jewish works that are not included in the Torah, but are still followed and read. These pieces never made it into Christianity, however.
                Last edited by Lorizael; August 24, 2003, 13:31.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's more accurate to say that the Christian Bible is the Torah with a bunch new stuff piled on top.
                  yup...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was under the impression that the Torah is the exact same as what we call the pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, the first five books of the Old Testament, given by Moses.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      I was under the impression that the Torah is the exact same as what we call the pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, the first five books of the Old Testament, given by Moses.
                      Yes, that's true, though with translations the meanings can change a bit. My point is that the Torah was not called the Old Testament. The Torah was not just a prequel leading up to the New Testament.

The holy book of the Jews is the Torah interpreted in the light of the Jewish culture.

The holy book of the Christians is the Bible - which includes the Torah - interpreted in the light of Christian culture. What this means is that something that was originally just a conniving serpent becomes the incarnation of Satan.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The holy book of the Christians is the Bible - which includes the Torah - interpreted in the light of Christian culture. What this means is that something that was originally just a conniving serpent becomes the incarnation of Satan.
                        Well that's what religion is... the twisting of myth or a convenient interpretation to suit an agenda...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

SILENCE, fellow Polypeople! SILENCE, as the great Sava blesses us with his great wisdom, never before revealed to we the lowly!!
                          What would we do without you, Sava?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                          X