Picture: True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture: True or False?

My mom got this in an email today and I eyed it with some suspicion. I say its fake. my reason, the area where the blackout occured is black, unlike the rest of the unlit areas which are a blue-grey color. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

fake

Comment

It is fake as far as I can tell. NASA released some photos of the affected area a while ago, and still quite a few lights were on due to geneerators.

And how everything is jet black rather than a deep blue...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

definitely fake

Comment

that's a pretty bad fake
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The colours on these kind of pics are reworked by nasa before being shipped to public use anyways. It is somehow possible they emhasized the blackout zone using jet black there.

But I'd also rather go with fake.

Edit: definitely a fake actually. The image is quite smooth, but if you look at the borders of the blackout zone, you'll see they are sharp. A black zone has definitely been spraypainted on the image with Paint Shop Pro
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

No doubt a fake
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Attached Files
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

Thanks for providing us the real image Ted
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                      XGalaga.

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Comment

Wow, that was quick.

Comment

Definately fake: Detroit isn't on fire in that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X