No announcement yet.

Contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about doing the laser surgery. I have the money. I may do it in a month or two. I just need to know how much healing time is needed. As my job comes first.

But there's many questions I need answered before I agree to do it.

Comment

I'm still considering laser for penile reduction surgery.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You will need to find out what technique works for you.

I don't currently use contacts but have in the past.

First point is that it is difficult if your eyes are dry. Either blink several times before you try to put the lenses in or use eyedrops.

The lense goes on the tip of your index finger. Right finger for right eye and, usually, left finger for left eye (I used to do both eyes with the lense on my right index finger but that isn't what most people find easiest).

Hold the eyelids open. Either thumb and index finger or index and middle finger. Tilt your head back slightly and look up. Place the lens in your eye. Close your eyelids as you take your finger away, blink gently a couple of times and the lense should slide into place.

A lot depends on the shape of your eye. I found it easiest to place the lense slightly towards the outside edge of my eye. I also found that I didn't need to move the lower eyelid much, mainly move the upper one so index finger on upper eyelid and middle finger on lower lid worked for me.

Any technique more complicated than that is probably a waste of time. Keep it simple and practice. If you can't get a lense in within two or three tries, take a break for a few minutes before you try again.

I used to need toric lenses (to correct astigmatism) and they had to go in with a mark on the lense at the bottom, so it was even more difficult.

The fun bit is when a lense gets stuck above your pupil and won't slide into place. Then you have to lift your upper eyelid and try and slide the lense into place with the tip of your little finger.

It is worth the trouble compared to glasses. Some people are OK and don't have problems but I found on each of the two periods I have worn contacts that after a couple of years my eyes start to react and I have to stop.

Laser surgery is great if it works. The success rate is a lot better now than when the technique first started but it still isn't as good as the clinics like to make out. I can cope with my eyesight as it is and I don't need to take the risk of being one of the small number of people who do have serious problems after surgery.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
          I'm still considering laser for penile reduction surgery.
          They do it with a laser nowadays? And I had to have it done with a meat cleaver and a sewing kit.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Mine stopped the chainsaw.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I wear glasses too and have considered laser surgery. However, it's way too expensive right now, and I don't mind too much these glasses.

They might mean I don't get a second look from half the girls in nightclubs but I think I can cope with that.. It's just a weeding out technique.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
              X