Contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacts

Been trying to get contact lenses in for the past week or so. Every time I go to the optometrist, they try teaching me new little helpful tips, which result in me irritating my eyes until they're as red as a tomato but not in me getting the lenses in. I'm kind of panicky right now because got to go back to college in a few days and if I can't get them in by then I can't have them (and I am SICK of wearing glasses)

So do any Apolytoners have any special tricks for getting these things in (and out) that I could take advantage of? I'm counting on you guys - you've never failed me before in the random tips department.

I'm using normal soft lenses, btw.
    "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

I tried and gave up.

Comment

Don't ask me: I have a phobia about putting something like that right on my eye.

Get the surgery, then you don't have to deal with either.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Contacts scare me. I'd probably get panicky and shove it into my brain or something.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          Don't ask me: I have a phobia about putting something like that right on my eye.

Get the surgery, then you don't have to deal with either.
          Surgery's even scarier

Comment

If you're ****ed up at surgery, at least you have someone to sue.

If you tear your retina or something while your fat fingers are slipping across your eye's surface, you're REALLY screwed then.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

How? It happens one day, then its done (unless they screw up and then you get cash for your blindness). Walking around with a piece of plasti n your eye...eek.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

i used them for a while then i changed back to glasses and use them for sports, although i can make a basket more often when i dont see anything. strange.

anyway whats the problem you have?

Comment

I too fear plucking some plastic in my eyes. I consider having an operation as soon as I have enough money for it, despite my myopia being a moderate one.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Contacts are very easy to put in, and don't irritate my eyes.

I put them in about 5s each eye usually, out in about 1s.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why don't you tell us your current technqiue and we can help you out?

I've worn them for over 10 years.

0) put 3 drops of eye drops into both eyes to lube them up

1) Spray both side of the lens with saline to make sure there is nothing on them. Spray it while it's in your left hand. Usually I put it in my thumb and index finger.

2) Use tap water and wash off your right finger tips

3) Put the lens back on the index finger of the right hand

4) Prop open both of your eyelids with your left hand. Thumb goes on the bottom lid. Middle finger (**** you) goes on the top lid. Just put the fingers not actually on the eyelid, but the skin immediatley next to it. This will be your eyebrow for the top lid. And where those black circles appear, on the lower lid.

5) With your right hand, place the lens on the lower part of the eyeball.

6) As soon as you feel it in, look down.

7) Let go of your eyelids

8) Look up.

9) Make sure it's in all the way

10) Put 3 more drops in the eye and blink a few times and move your eyeball around to make sure it's in.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Wow, that's a lotta steps. I just hold the eye open with the pointer and middle fingers and put the damn thing in. My aim sucks so much with eyedrops I'd end up getting them in my nose, or something equally stupid.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
                        Talent Optional

Comment

I've never used eyedrops...
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

They've helped me out alot.

My eyes don't tear up very well, especially in the morning.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm glade I don't have to wear glasses. My ex-girlfriend had laser surgury done to her eyes and she said she loved it.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X