I almost killed a man with my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost killed a man with my car

Yes, it was VERY close. about 40 minutes ago it was closing time for bars, and I was designated driver. I pick up my friends, it was dark and VERY FOGGY. Fog everywhere, couldn't see crap. So, I suddenly see this guy laying on the ground, luckily I was driving slow (about 30km/h). For his luck, I have very good brakes and I was actually looking very carefully in front of me.
    So my brakes yell and I stop, little scared, maybe I drove over his leg because I can only see his upper body?

Then I see the guy getting up laughing and drunk. I was like WTF! I horn, and then he proceeds to flip me! His middle finger raised high, his buddies are cheering him next to the road. This point I lose it, road rage steps in and I'm really angry. It's not a ****ing game. I could have seriously drive over him, and it was a miracle I didn't! And he ****ing flips me? I'm hot inside and my friends are not actually helping the situation by shouting 'kick his ass!'. Suddenly I think that's a very good idea and step out of the car fast, ready to make him remember this day and not laugh about it tomorrow. He can laugh if it's funny to pee blood I figure. But the guy ran away when I stepped out.. I controlled myself and didn't chase him down, though I wanted to. Reason set in. He's so stupid, I figure he'll be in the next Darwin awards anyway, no need to make it happen faster.

God damn I'm still pissed at that stupid guy. Scared the crap out of me. He looked like he was in bar the first time, maybe 18. Next time I bump into him, I'll be accelerating, not stopping.

edit: You know, actually I think I'll hunt him down anyway. Little ****er.. You know what it's like to suddenly think 'oh ****, did I kill him????' In few seconds you see all images of killing someone, Bubba doing you doggystyle and you being screwed. It's a horrible feeling. Heart starts going drum and beat style, and you feel like drunk from all the adrenaline or what ever. God damn I hate that ****er.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Is it that **** like this always happens to you, or are you the only one who mentions anything when **** like this happens?

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow, good for you you had good reflexes.

And I sure hope this little cretin will have a lesson he'll remember very soon. Lying on the road when all (or most) drivers come back from the bars is NOT a good idea
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

David, I don't know. I tell all my tragedies here .

But nothing like this has happened to me. Some time ago this old lady almost backed over me, but nothing like this. But I'm tired of teenagers playing 'I hate life, look at me killing myself' games. They should be killed. ****ing every single last one of them.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

WHAT HAVE WE TALKED ABOUT?

TRY HARDER
          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Roads arent good for pedestrians. Having said that I am probably the only person alive thats been hit by a milk float while cycling
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Spiffor, I know! But I was extra careful, because it was closing time and lots of people wandering around all drunk. This actually happens often, drunks being stupid with cars. I've had few drunks pounding on the hood of my car in red lights etc. Stupid people. I ****ing hate them. They should die.

I mean! two meters more, less than half seconds later with the braking, I'd have killed this man. I'd be in police station, in blood tests and questioning. I'd be waiting to hear the news if he made it or not. I really don't have time for that anyway, and I don't want that on my back, even if it wasn't my fault.

edit: but I start feeling better now. I was just thinking, that it was SO close my life turned into living nightmare. I'm glad I avoided it. No sympathy for stupid teenagers.
              Last edited by Pekka; August 23, 2003, 21:45.
              In da butt.

Comment

About a year ago I had a similar experience but I was the one in the road. It was winter time and early morning when I drove around a curve and lost control of my truck and ended up in a ditch. The car behind me did the same but ended up on the opposite side of the road. I got out and started to walk across the road because he looked like he was in bad shape. As soon as I got in the middle of the road another truck came around the corner sliding. I tried to get out of the way but ended up falling on the road. He came within less than a foot of running me down. Bastard kept on going like nothing had happend, although he probably never saw me because he was in mid slid when he passed by my head...
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sprayber, oh man that's even worse. I mean almost getting killed.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Your reflexes sounded minor in the story--your patience with the jackass and that you didn't run him over AFTER he started flipping you is the amazing thing.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      Sprayber, oh man that's even worse. I mean almost getting killed.
                      I saw two cars turn over that morning on the road at that curve. The temperture had dropped about 6 degrees that morning and no one had been prepared for ice. I was off to military duty that morning and had my uniform on. I stayed and helped the state trooper direct traffic. there were 5 accidents on that curve in a matter of 40 minutes. This was on a rural road so people were going pretty fast around the curve (including me)
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

mrmitchel, Sure.. I mean, I was very careful because of the fog and I knew someone could accidentally stumble in the way, being drunk. So I was kind of prepared for it, though it took my by surprise even then.

Nah, I was still scared when he flipped me. That got my shocked, and right away after that I was angry. I say it again, stupid teenagers should die. They are waste of human suits.
                        In da butt.

Comment

"almost"?!
                          CSPA

Comment

When I was on my third driving lesson, dumb people in one far-away quater moved on the road suddenly. I was so suprised and nervous I accidentally hit the gas instead of hitting the breaks... Fortunatelly, my driving teacher had his own breaks... He didn't say a word.
                            I had several close stories of my driving lessons. You see, I was forced to take them, and I didn't learn willingly
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

You should have just backed up and run over him for real.
                              Thin the herd a little.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X