YUGO's comin back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wow, this is a surprise... considering NATO bombed the factory... NATO also bombed the chief Yugoslav beer factory... glad to see people are rebuilding.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you know what tho. All priced under 10,000? (Truck at 6.000?) Not bad. i tell you what. If I had any money i'de set up a dealership and sell them. I know any car priced like that is bound to bring out the hordes of cheapskates who ride the bus to work or dont have insurance

Comment

faded, these cars are only planned, I don't think the factory has the capacty to actually market them. It seems like a show for potential investors to me.

Anyway, why all the critique of Yugo? Mechanicaly, it wasn't much, but if you took care of your car it could last you a while.

I bet most of the problems in the US were blown engines because Yugo has 45-55-60 horsepower in a 1.1 liter engine, which is nothing by american standards. It certainly wears quicker than your average 6-8 liter V8 monstrosity.

And 160 000 were sold in USA so I guess the market was there. Did it even have competition? Did US producers make cars in that small class?

Anyway, Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3 drove a Yugo and saved the world so there you have it

Comment

Working...
          X