What to do in Montreal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in Montreal?

Well, it looks like I'm spending three days in Montreal next week, as we've just finished a 16-mo. long project and our boss is taking everybody on vacation (he chartered a bus for us and paid for hotel rooms and everything.) We're technically going up for a film festival or something, but odds are we'll only pass through there and try to find other stuff to do.

So, what is there to do up there?
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

I've heard there are terrific strip clubs. I think Montreal gets its reputation from those.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

While I was on a trip with some other kids in my French class to Quebec, and we were in a tour bus going around Montreal, I saw fifty billion posters for a new strip show

Comment

Well, I guess it should be added that my fiancee is coming with us.....
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Even better!

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
            I wouldn't be surprised if some strip clubs do family shows (or at least, "couple" shows). I was under the impression that strip clubs were an ordinary form of entertainment in the Montreal life.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

family shows?

Comment

I'm not from Montreal but i've been there often. You'll want to go to the Vieux Montreal - the old town - and visit a bit.
                For the night life, if you want to bar hop, i'd suggest the McGill - Crescent st. area.
                Krazyhorse lives there, you should PM him.
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                  I've heard there are terrific strip clubs. I think Montreal gets its reputation from those.
                  I've heard they have less restrict regulations on stripe clubs in Canada then in the US so a bunch of horny Americans go and get lap dances from Canadian girls.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I wouldn't be surprised if some strip clubs do family shows (or at least, "couple" shows). I was under the impression that strip clubs were an ordinary form of entertainment in the Montreal life.
                    Right Spiff. Guess the heat wave isn't over in your appartment.
                    What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                      Right Spiff. Guess the heat wave isn't over in your appartment.
                      Oh, my impressions must have been wrong then. I just thought the Canadians (and Québecois in particular) were very liberal regarding sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
                        When I was in Bangkock I saw several couples going into the strip clubs and brothels together. It was most strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          When I was in Bangkock I saw several couples going into the strip clubs and brothels together. It was most strange.
                          I suppose going to the strip club would be much more entertaining with your SO than going alone. At least you can comment and make fun of the show, instead of bringly wait for the end.

Comment

Yes, but at the end is when all of the hookers try to get the guys in bed. I would feel wierd going with my girlfriend to a place like that.

Comment

That's it? Six hours until I leave, and nobody has any better suggestions than strip clubs?

Comment

Working...
                              X