Recommend me a fantasy book/series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCloud

It was innovative in its day but it's really canned today- I've read about 12 of their stories... only one was interesting... "The Bleak Shore" was one of the more tedious works

Ick. Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever... the leper... ick. Although I have been told that if I had read past the first 100 pages, It would have paid off- but I frankly had it by page 40, when he wouldn't stop whining that he was a leper for 30 PAGES MORE! and the girl wouldn't stop wining that YOURE THE SAVIOR... That was so very boring...
    If you hated Jordan, you'd hate Donaldson.
    Have you read the Mouser 'rat' story? (sorry I forget the title) and the one where they re both mercenaries to warring brothers (Lords of Quarmall, I think)?

As for Thomas Covenant. I read pass the first 100 pages and it was still sh!te!

Comment

Have you read the Mouser 'rat' story? (sorry I forget the title) and the one where they re both mercenaries to warring brothers (Lords of Quarmall, I think)?
      Hmm... Don't think I have read that- I read Swords in Lankhmyr collection and their origin collection and a few scattered short stories...

As for Thomas Covenant. I read pass the first 100 pages and it was still sh!te!
      *Laughs*
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Reepicheep.
        -30-

Comment

Anything that isn't Tolkien just leaves me flat.

Try "The Fall of Gondolin" in Lost Tales 2 for something good. Check out the metal dragons!!!!
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Those are gargoyles, you maroon.
            -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
              Those are gargoyles, you maroon.
              Nope they aint.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

my mistake.
                -30-

Comment

I'd like to recommend to you:

Alan Garner (author of 'Weirdstone of Brisingamen', 'Elidor', 'the Owl Service', and more).

Writes novels based on passages from the Welsh mythological collection, the Mabinogion, and also based on the countryside around Alderley Edge in Cheshire.

Author Alan Garner's list of books and series in order, with the latest releases, covers, descriptions and availability.

And also Arthur Machen- the chap who came up with the (in)famous 'Angels/Bowmen of Mons' story from WWI . He was a short story writer and a novelist:

I'd recommend the 'Great God Pan' and 'the Novel of the White Powder'.

And lastly but not least, Lord Dunsany:

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The NPE Public Library is open 24/7, and there's nothing in there but great books.
                    -30-

Comment

Working...
                    X