Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tottenham in Serious Danger of Signing half-decent Player!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tottenham in Serious Danger of Signing half-decent Player!

(lo FP)

closing in on diego

Tottenham and Santos have agreed a fee for teenager Diego, BBC Sport understands.

The Brazilian club had initially rejected a £5.6m bid for the 18-year-old, but Spurs have now increased their offer to £7.6m.

A stumbling block in the negotiations had been that Santos own only 60% of the player's registration, with Diego's father Djair da Cunha holding the remaining value.

But Diego's father has now agreed to reduce his percentage of the deal to 30%.

The two clubs are still negotiating over when Diego will join Spurs.

The Premiership club want the player to move immediately while Santos had hoped to keep him until the end of the year so he would be available for the rest of the Campeonato Brasileiro.

Eighteen-year-old Diego, who wears the Santos number 10 shirt which once belonged to Pele, has already broken into the full Brazil squad.

The Santos playmaker, nicknamed ''Zidane Jr'' after World Player of the Year Zinedine Zidane, is in the second year of a five-year contract with the Brazilian club.

Diego was the key player in the Santos team that won last year's Brazilian Championship, and then went all the way to the final of the Copa Libertadores, South America's Champions League.
    i wonder if he'll sign or be like all the other 'big stars' tottenham have been linked with over the years (rivaldo, morientes anyone )
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Re: Tottenham in Serious Danger of Signing half-decent Player!

Originally posted by C0ckney
    (lo FP)

The kid sounds really good and 7.6 million is a good price. If he plays well and the transfer market picks up he could easily be worth double that in a couple of years.

That aside, I fully expect him to reject us. If he's half as good as people say he is there will be at least 10 European teams better than Spurs interested in signing him.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

oh, and Sol Campbell was a nice boy when he was playing for us (usually only booked 3 or 4 times a season). He moves to The Arse and all of a sudden turns into this thug with a disciplinary problem. What's up with that?

Comment

well maybe he's just got more passion now he plays for a good team

(and of course the refs have it in for us )
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Cry me a river. When's Campbell been punished for something he hasn't done...?
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I think C0ckney knows that the supposed anti-Arse bias amongst referees is a load of bollocks.

Now, the pro-United bias amongst refs ... THAT'S worth talking about.

People of North-London Unite!

Comment

Pro-United bias my arse...

Comment

It was reported on another football message board I frequent from a Dutch TV show, that the reason Sol Campbell gets so wound up, is that he's an open homosexual and opposing players always wind him up about it.

It is odd how we don't have more professional footballers outed and jeered.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'd heard the "Sol is gay" rumour too. I forget the source now, but remember thinking at the time that it sounded reasonably credible.

It's worth pointing out, Bods, that Sol isn't an "open homosexual" since if he was then everyone would know about it (rather than it being merely a rumour).

Comment

With 90+ professional teams in this country, each with 20+ professional players, one would assume that there are at least a couple of dozen gay footballers in this country. I can't think of any who are openly gay. Does anyone know of any?

Comment

Le Saux?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Of course the logical conclusion would be to say that the reason we hear of none is that there aren't any.

Football is a man's game, is it not?
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Le Saux isn't gay, he just got targeted by ignorant ****s rather like yourself...

Comment

The BIG footie rumour on merseyside last year was that Diouf was gay and Hyppia had serious problems coming (oh er!) to terms with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                              Le Saux?
                              Too right! that wife and kid are just a smoke screen, otherwise why did he get so 'aroused' when Robbie Fowler took the p1ss 3 or 4 seasons ago?

he even took part in a program with Owen and Beckham, they interviewed Owen playing snooker, Beckham playing golf and LeSaux....at his home surrounded by his family!

Comment

Working...
                              X