Footballer refuses to join United on religious grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footballer refuses to join United on religious grounds

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, Sport Online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Andrews has always claimed his decision would be guided "by God".
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

So? Is a man not allowed to have beliefs such as that? I don't see the big deal.

Comment

He can believe what he wants, and act how he wants, but how does playing for United contradict religious beliefs?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

A company I worked for had a guy who was "guided" by his belief that God would show him the way to a better job.

Apparently, God told him to interview, accept the new job, not give notice to his old employer, take that Christmas bonus check, the pre-paid week off between Christmas and New Years, and sneak in over the holiday, take all his drafting stuff, a few other supplies and things that God told him the company and it's other workers didn't really need, and leave a note on his drafting board telling everyone that God had pointed him to another job and he wouldn't be back.

People can have all sorts of beliefs. Whether they're genuine and sincerely held, or they're a veneer to cover up being a sleazebag is another story.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          A company I worked for had a guy who was "guided" by his belief that God would show him the way to a better job.

Apparently, God told him to interview, accept the new job, not give notice to his old employer, take that Christmas bonus check, the pre-paid week off between Christmas and New Years, and sneak in over the holiday, take all his drafting stuff, a few other supplies and things that God told him the company and it's other workers didn't really need, and leave a note on his drafting board telling everyone that God had pointed him to another job and he wouldn't be back.

People can have all sorts of beliefs. Whether they're genuine and sincerely held, or they're a veneer to cover up being a sleazebag is another story.
          That sounds dangerous. What if he applies again at another place and they contact all the companies on the resume?
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

"God told me to rob the 7-11."
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

That sounds dangerous. What if he applies again at another place and they contact all the companies on the resume?
              Well, he was gone from the other place after four months, and neither we nor his previous employer (we had him for a year and a half, the other place for four years, so about half his employment history to then) had anything favorable to say about him.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Then you have people killing other people because "God told me to do so."
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

He can believe what he wants, and act how he wants, but how does playing for United contradict religious beliefs?

Obviously because United is run by Satan .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Obviously because United is run by Satan .
                    Quite. They are the, what, "Red Devils?"
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Well that's another United entirely .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Well that's another United entirely .
                        What? I have always thought that was United Airlines

Comment

Working...
                        X