Terry Pratchett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Pratchett

So, have you heard of this British authoer? read any of his book? Any thoughts?

I myself love his sense of sly, dry humor.
    I love his books!
    58.14%
    He's OK.
    11.63%
    Ughh, didn;t like them at all
    4.65%
    I'e heard of him, but haven't read anything by him.
    13.95%
    Who???
    4.65%
    The fifth rider is BANANA.
    6.98%
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

He's okay.

The fifth rider is CTHULHU.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Definately one of my favorites. I've read almost every single discworld book now, and one or two of his others.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Small Gods was brilliant.

Comment

Everybody I know loves Small Gods, witch () is excellent. I prefer the Discworld series- especially the City Watch stuff.
          cIV list: cheats
          Now watch this drive!

Comment

I've read 10 of his books in the last 3 weeks. That's what happens when you are staying next to a library and have limited internet access.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Good books. Very amusing light reading with just enough clever insights and intellectual in-jokes to make you feel like you aren't reading total fluff.

I like them a lot.

I'm reading Guards! Guards! at the moment. The Watch characters are my favourites and it's interesting to see how they've evolved from this original appearence.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Anbody who writes series crap should be killed. Hat Volume 5 of the Neverending Crapiad. It is boring to me.

Comment

I think I've got the Neverending Crapiad around here somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                    He's okay.

The fifth rider is CTHULHU.
                    How exactly is "CTHULHU" pronounced?
                    Blah

Comment

I put 'ok'. It just seems the same after a few books in.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Check out my sig. below.

Comment

It was the cover art that hooked me. I was wandering through the library and saw a picture of a butterfly with the mandelbrot set on its wings. I read the book out of curoisity, and have been reading any other Pratchett book I can get my hands on since. I am having the hardest time finding a copy of Equal Rites, the third book.

I think the most impressive thing about his books is that he is much more scientifically literate than most science fiction writers. I think he is a physicist, and I know that he once was a supervisor at a nuclear power plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Bruns
                            I know that he once was a supervisor at a nuclear power plant.
                            OMG, Terry Pratchett is really Homer Simpson!?!?

Comment

I think he was the Press Secretary for the Power Plant actually.

Richard: Have you checked Amazon for a copy of Equal Rites? They should have a copy. It's not one of the best by any means, but still OK and needs to be read if you want to complete the set.

Comment

Working...
                              X