No announcement yet.

Are credit agencies really this stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may not be so easy, as if they think your claims are spurious, they can toss the letters in the circular file. Google for credit repair. Any honest place will tell you what you need to do, how to do it, and that you can do it yourself. Don't bother with anyone that charges for that info. But you definately have legal rights.

If there's extensive damage to your credit rating, you may wish to consult a lawyer, as it could take a while to fix.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Realize that this is going to take time.

From memory, here's what you do.

You contact each credit agency (the three biggies are Experian, Trans-union, and Equifax) and tell them you think there is incorrect info on your credit histories and that you want to see a copy of your report. By law they must provide you with one free of charge (they have to provide free reports if you get denied or you claim there's incorrect info on your report, otherwise they can charge you). It may take a few weeks for these to show up.

Then you have to go throw and identify those items which aren't yours (good and bad, cuz you never know when good will turn bad).

Each item you contest requires a seperate letter, IIRC.

Don't send them all at once or they will consider it flooding, and deny your requests (it's a common tactic by unscrupulous credit repair agencies).

They will then have to remove the item from your history for about 60 days while they verify the information. If they can't, it stays off. If they can, they will return the info to your history.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's sick really...keeping this kind of information and conspiring against you, especially when false information. I believe in this country they have to divulge all information on request.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They should get their asses sued and have to pay damages each and every time they report false information. If you don't know the information you're spreading is true or not then don't keep telling people about it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You have to send them letters?

Do you know how to make a letter bomb? I'm sure it's easy to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              I believe in this country they have to divulge all information on request.
              That's the EU baby !
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's truly sad.

Only thing that bothers me more than hearing that is not knowing whether something like that might happen to me some day...

Comment

That sucks

I'm pissed at how hard it was to get a loan for my last home.

**** banks, and **** credit!

I'm paying cash for everything from now on (though I carry credit cards for emergencies). Yes I plan on paying cash for my next house.

Comment

Working...
                  X