Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Chemical Ali" Captured

CNN :
    "Chemical Ali," fifth on coalition most wanted Iraqis list, in U.S. custody, military officials say. Details to come.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Huh? Thought they were sure they killed him in his villa in Basra? Must've missed his escape

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
      Huh? Thought they were sure they killed him in his villa in Basra? Must've missed his escape
      And you'd think his resurection would have yielded a bit more attention as well.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yeah heard it too just minutes ago. Good.
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
          He was reported killed during the war, but there have been reports of him being alive since, and Centcom has maintained his status as "uncertain". Thats why his being alive is not news.

His being captured IS good news, however.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Are we sure about it this time?

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Seem to be certain they have got the right one.

Any indication of when the trials will start?
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Have I gone back in time? What month is this?
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

More news from Iraq

from Las Vegas Sun

"U.S. forces captured a suspected senior member of Saddam Hussein's Fedayeen militia who was carrying a shopping list for explosives materials, a military official said Thursday.

The man, Rashid Mohammed, was also holding a list of ten Iraqi names that U.S. forces believe was an assassination list when soldiers stopped his car on a highway north of Baqouba, 45 miles northeast of Baghdad, with two other men in a car, Lt. Col. William Adamson from the 588th Engineering Battalion said. Mohammed was detained along with two men who were traveling with him, he added.

"We suspect this was a senior man organizing Saddam Fedayeen activities in Baqouba. We also have reason to believe, based on documents obtained, that he was actively purchasing improvised explosive devices with remote controlled detonators," Adamson said. He did not give the names of the people on the list.

Adamson said other informants had told U.S. forces that Mohammed had been trying to organize a 600-strong militia in the area around Baqouba. "
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

A quote from Chemical Ali

Per human rights watch, via Oxblog:

"I will kill them all with chemical weapons! Who is going to say anything? The international community? F_ck them! the international community, and those who listen to them!... I will not attack them with chemicals just one day, but I will continue to attack them with chemicals for fifteen days." "

Comment

Re: More news from Iraq

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      "U.S. forces captured a suspected senior member of Saddam Hussein's Fedayeen militia who was carrying a shopping list for explosives materials, a military official said Thursday."

What kind of terrorist keeps the stuff on a SHOPPING LIST of all things? Isn't that not a particularly safe thing to do? He deserves one of those "stupid criminal" awards.

Comment

1. 10 thousand pounds of dynamite
                        2. Two dozen rods of weapons-grade plutonium
                        3. 14 buckets of Anthrax
                        4. Sliced Bread
                        5. Something for dinner tonight.
                        6. A turkey for sunday.
                        7. (milk???)
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

And you'd think his resurection would have yielded a bit more attention as well.
                          Odds are it won't last long.

I'll bet he'll be extraordinarily cooperative though.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Great! Now all we need are those pesky WMD's. Didn't they die in the initial assualt too?

Comment

I thought this guy was supposed to be dead?

Comment

Working...
                              X