Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Sky

Or is it vanilla skies?

In any case this film completely FREAKED ME OUT! And I have seen lots of films.

It's not just because of its originality, it ranks mediocre in that domain. It is the whole of its sums that's so freaky. And the acting of course was one of its strongest points but it also touched on the quadressential human cornerstone of finding the ideal other half and then loosing it. Which isn't an original concept either, it's been done quite a few times. But this film collaborated everything in such a freaky outcome and way.

I puke all over its inherent conservatism which constitutes its main "moral teaching" but that's Hollywood, entrapped in a pathetic middle ages "christian" fundamentalist perception of "good" and evoooil", but that, ironically adds TOO to its I would dare say unique freakness instead of providing a good cop out of sleaziness out of its entrapment.

A freakingly "good" film.

Competes with The Believer for first place in that domain although The Believer manages to slightly surpass it.

Comment

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME movie with a wonderful twist accomplishing much less a tacky Appearance vs. Reality motif than the Matrix babbled

I also find myself thinking along the same lines as Tom Cruise' character in the film - simply wanting the world around me to "SHUT THE **** UP"

...and the imaginary sex with Penelope Cruz is getting more and more frequent, whether or not I try to change things

Comment

It was an enjoyable flick... not what I expected, and that pleased me.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't seen the Hollywood version, so I cannot comment on Vanilla Sky, but I liked Open Your Eyes. It didn't have the finding your perfect half then losing it stuff that you're talking about. If Vanilla Sky added that part then
          badams

Comment

It was good. I hated it the first half and loved it the second half. And it ****s all over wimpy Euros.

Comment

Yeah, it's a good film in its freakiness. As they say, there is truth but no logic. And Penelopa Cruz ... Perhaps the biggest crush on an actress I ever had after seeing a movie.
              Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

that movie is my life, and i just haven't died yet...

but in all seriousness, i loved the movie, and it is one of the most important movies in my own relationship

Comment

Yep, better than I expected it to be.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

did anyone else think it was going to be a murder mystery from the trailers?

Comment

After seeing a few trailers... I had no clue what it was

Wouldn't even have seen it except for my wifes sister highly recommended it.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

never saw it... but you know what else was pretty freaky? 12 Monkeys... to think that crazy homeless people are messengers from the future coming to warn us of doomsday...
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Clan Douglas.
                          -30-

Comment

I saw it and I hated the first part, the second was okay, but I couldnt stand that stupid TC presenting his damn smile every 5 seconds.

TCO, just out of interest in what way is this connected to "whimpy Euros"

Comment

I didn't like it. Weird movie without a point, unclear plot, unresolved, confusing to the viewer. The girls are cute but the whole atmosphere is a bit gloomy so in total on a one to ten scale I would give this movie a one.

Comment

Working...
                              X